Discussion topic: Important about free Apple TV+ for 6 months.

This message was authored by Tamdiana This message was authored by: Tamdiana

Important about free Apple TV+ for 6 months.

Hi all,

This is important, do not sign up for the free Apple TV trial. I did it today as I have been really keen to watch Foundation as I read all the books years ago. I joined up, Apple is a nightmare to negotiate, I  sat down and watched first episode of Foundation, thoroughly enjoyed it and then it wouldn't let me watch the second episode. The next thing Apple take money from my bank account, money I can I'll afford. I would strongly advise against giving Apple any bank details. I was going to cancel all my Sky contracts after many years of using them, this only reaffirms my determination to dump Sky and I can't wait, I pay a lot of money to them.

All Replies

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Re: Important about free Apple TV+ for 6 months.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I had no issues with the six months free period - I'm about three months in now.

Sounds as if the login you got the six months free is not the one you are viewing with. Also you get one week free with an new AppleTV account so again seems you may have used a an old email address or not entered the code correctly.

I think quite a few series on AppleTV have the first episode free.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

Tamdiana
Topic Author

Thanks for answering, I did everything right, got confirmation about free trial but still paid 1 month, don't get me wrong 6.99 is worth it for the 2 seasons of Foundation but it is a lot to me as I'm on a pension and I just feel like I have been conned. Anyway, it's cancelled now and won't risk anymore freebies from Sky.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Tamdiana wrote:

Thanks for answering, I did everything right, got confirmation about free trial but still paid 1 month, don't get me wrong 6.99 is worth it for the 2 seasons of Foundation but it is a lot to me as I'm on a pension and I just feel like I have been conned. Anyway, it's cancelled now and won't risk anymore freebies from Sky.

As with any form of free trial which requires a credit card to activate, it's important to remember to cancel the trail, otherwise you will be charged once the trial period is over. 

With Apple TV+ you can activate a free trial (of whatever period is offered) and immediately cancel it on your AppleID account. At the end of the trail period the service will stop and you will be charged nothing. 

It's the same with Paramount+ if you don't have Sky Cinema. I have had several one month free trials but always immediately cancel after activating the offer and never had to pay them a thing.  

Tamdiana
Topic Author

Hi SlenderRobert, thanks for replying. Yeah, I always do that whenever I take on a free trial. I don't know, I have always been wary of giving Apple any bank/card details, just me I guess.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Tamdiana wrote:

Hi SlenderRobert, thanks for replying. Yeah, I always do that whenever I take on a free trial. I don't know, I have always been wary of giving Apple any bank/card details, just me I guess.

Apple have had my bank/card details for many years and I've never had an issue. I've also never actually paid for an Apple TV+ subscription due to the continued availability of free offers from Sky, Currys, Barclaycard and others. TBH, I'd be more wary of giving Sky my bank/card details as their track record of IT ineptitude is somewhat worse than Apple's... but that's just me. 

This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

I will go along with others on here by saying that I have never had an issue with Apple TV+ either. I've found them to be one of the better apps & they sure do like giving away free trials, I've used many over the last few years. Also, there's some really good content available.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I didn't get where I am today by writing ridiculous signatures.
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SlenderRobert wrote:

@Tamdiana wrote:

Apple have had my bank/card details for many years and I've never had an issue. I've also never actually paid for an Apple TV+ subscription due to the continued availability of free offers from Sky, Currys, Barclaycard and others. TBH, I'd be more wary of giving Sky my bank/card details as their track record of IT ineptitude is somewhat worse than Apple's... but that's just me. 

Was your Sky Stream subscription free then? You must have given Sky your bank/card details at some point if you've received free offers from Sky 

@best+of+the+best wrote:

@SlenderRobert wrote:

@Tamdiana wrote:

Was your Sky Stream subscription free then? You must have given Sky your bank/card details at some point if you've received free offers from Sky 

They've had my bank details for about 18 years. Do I trust them to keep them secure? Not really, no. They've had my address spelled wrongly for that entire time and can't seem to correct it. They keep sending me emails stating that I have Sky Glass. I don't. They chased me for not returning a Q box when it was confirmed as being received weeks prior. They said I had a Sky WiFi booster when I never had... the list goes on. 

That's the track record of IT inpetitude I was referring to which makes me more wary of Sky than Apple. 

Tamdiana
Topic Author

The thing that made me realise I want to cancel my Sky was earlier in the year when they sent out the email saying how they realise how hard it is for people financially at the moment and in the next line they say we are putting our prices up. I've been with them almost 20 years but I can't wait till my contract is up for renewal and I will immediately cancel, stick to my Playstation I think.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion