Discussion topic: Telephone landline not working

This message was authored by Foxton This message was authored by: Foxton

Re: Telephone landline not working

Can you arrange an online chat for me with a sky representative for me then, many thanks @Daniel0210 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Foxton wrote:

Can you arrange an online chat for me with a sky representative for me then, many thanks @Daniel0210 

@Foxton We're not trying to be awkward but you still haven't told us what happened when yo7 did the line test.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Foxtron

I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by Academy1945 This message was authored by: Academy1945

Thank you for getting in touch. telephone has now been fixed landline problem 19th Jan.

Regards  Colin Ayres.

This message was authored by Elmunt This message was authored by: Elmunt

Phone line not working and no internet. Tv is fine? Any ideas please. 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Elmunt  Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Elmunt This message was authored by: Elmunt

Yes, have done that and have had to book an engineer. Any ideas what it could be? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It could be a fault in the exchange or a lose or broken cable somewhere, either way the engineer will go to wherever the fault it to repair it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lozdawda This message was authored by: Lozdawda

I have been without a phone for two weeks now.  I decided to go with Talk talk but then decided to go back to Sky.  Talktalk hasn't released my phone. The engineer has been but he cannot help until the number has been released by talktalk. I cannot phone them because m line isn't working.   I am 87 years of age and live on my own.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Lozdawda 

I'm afraid we're all customers here so no one here will ring Talk Talk on your behalf. Perhaps get a family member, friend or neighbour to call them. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Lozdawda sorry to hear you're stuck. If you can tell us more about,your cancelled switch to TalkTalk we may gain a better understanding of what's happening. When did you switch to TalkTalk, and when did you decide to cancel and go back to Sky?

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you 

@Lozdawda 

Regarding the chat being sent to you, this is how it works. 
Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble on the bottom left of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. Again, if you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will automatically close. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you Lozdawda. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion