Discussion topic: My mums landline isn't working

This message was authored by Sarah5709 This message was authored by: Sarah5709

My mums landline isn't working

My Mum's landline isn't working. There is a dialing tone, and it rings when someone calls but you can't hear anyone. We've tried replacing the phone in case it was a handset issue but it still isn't working

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: My mums landline isn't working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sarah5709 

Is her broadband working as it should. Phoneline faults very often affect broadband speeds

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Sarah5709
Topic Author

Her broadband is fine, it's just the phone line.

Sarah5709
Topic Author

I've submitted a complaint but the problem is I'm not always here and due to her age she needs me to deal with the issue. She is very isolated not being able to call people. It's so frustration not being able to just speak to someone on the phone, or even online chat.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Sarah5709 

If we escalate to sky would you know her account number username and password ?

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Sarah5709
Topic Author

I have her Sky ID and I think I know her password (she's not sure herself)

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Sarah5709   To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.  If you don't pass security the Chat team won't be able to progress the query.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@Sarah5709 

I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@Sarah5709 

I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Snap!!

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@Sarah5709 

That @GD1 person beats me to it everytime.  But at least a double escalation should grab sky attention. Hope it get sorted

Sarah5709
Topic Author

Thank ou both, hopefully it's not too long as I have to go home soon!

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

Sarah5709
Topic Author

Thanks everyone. All sorted

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion