Discussion topic: Telephone landline not working

This message was authored by Kylenadine This message was authored by: Kylenadine

Telephone landline not working

My landline is not accepting calls, I'm very concerned I live on my own and depend upon it, please help

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Telephone landline not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Kylenadine You could try the troubleshooting on this link https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/fix-problems-with-your-phone/check-your-phone-line 
If it’s still not working after that come back and add another post to this one. If you are lucky a forum user with the relevant level may escalate your post to Sky. Sky can then check your line and if an external fault is discovered they can notify Openreach to fix.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Hi @Kylenadine You could try the troubleshooting on this link https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/fix-problems-with-your-phone/check-your-phone-line 
If it’s still not working after that come back and add another post to this one. If you are lucky a forum user with the relevant level may escalate your post to Sky. Sky can then check your line and if an external fault is discovered they can notify Openreach to fix.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Kylenadine  As per @Daniel0210 If you run the tests and you get no further please post back & the forum can get you the right help.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Kylenadine 

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you tomorrow regarding this via a blue bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Academy1945 This message was authored by: Academy1945

my land line is not working have done test to prove it is the line fault

This message was authored by Academy1945 This message was authored by: Academy1945

my land line is not workingI  have done test to prove it is the line fault can you please check

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Academy1945 
I have escalated your post to Sky who may get in touch with you later.

Look out for an email and also a blue speech bubble on the bottom of this forum page. Once the blue chat bubble appears you have 48 hours to instigate the private chat or it will close automatically so don’t miss the opportunity.

This link explains the process
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Academy1945 wrote:

my land line is not working have done test to prove it is the line fault

If you ran the line test and the fault was found outside of your property @Academy1945 then it should have asked you to book an engineer repair so did you not do this ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat

This message was authored by Foxton This message was authored by: Foxton

I am having the same issue with my landline phone and have also run all the checks, could this possibly be escalated to Sky for me to get a call back please. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Foxton what was the result of the line test?

This message was authored by Foxton This message was authored by: Foxton

Could you arrange a call from Sky for me on my mobile number to discuss this further 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Foxton Sky won't call you. They won't know your mobile number and won't know who you are based on your Community sign in name. You need to answer the question from @Mark39 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Foxton wrote:

Could you arrange a call from Sky for me on my mobile number to discuss this further 

We can't arrange a callback, I'm afraid, for the reasons @Daniel0210 posted. We can arrange an online chat with Sky, but there's little point if the line test detects a fault as you should be able to book an engineer there and then, hence the question. 

Kylenadine
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kylenadine This message was authored by: Kylenadine

Thank you open reach done amazing job,,,,

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion