Discussion topic: THIS NUMBER IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE

This message was authored by BRONX+BOMBER This message was authored by: BRONX+BOMBER

THIS NUMBER IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE

Got this message yesterday afternoon when ringing my friends number In the vening it worked o.K. Now again this afternoon getting the same message??? All other numbers I ring appear to be fine.

Best Answers
BRONX+BOMBER
Topic Author
This message was authored by BRONX+BOMBER This message was authored by: BRONX+BOMBER Answer

Re: THIS NUMBER IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE

SORTED👍 it was refreshing to talk to someone in the UK after 20 years of VIRGIN trying to tell someone in INDIA? or wherever they are? about my problems Who in 99.9% of cases havent a clue and try and FOB YOU OFF Chapeau to SKYs customer service👋

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BRONX+BOMBERThat  would seem to be your friends problem and not your own if you can get through to every other number that you are calling.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
BRONX+BOMBER
Topic Author
This message was authored by BRONX+BOMBER This message was authored by: BRONX+BOMBER

My friend is on SKY Phone I can get through using my mobile to his number. The other people I have rung are on Virgin I'm just trying to find someone who is on SKY phone  He has just rung me and got through O.K.??? Ive seen a similar problem mentioed and the person was told to unplug their  router fir 15 mins. So I'll try that.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@BRONX+BOMBERThink that solution only is for people that have to plug their phone into the back of the router.

BRONX+BOMBER
Topic Author

My phone is connected via the internet.. Just tried unpugging my router for 20 minutes still the same problem

@BRONX+BOMBERWhat has your friend said regarding this issue, do they have any problems calling other numbers?

BRONX+BOMBER
Topic Author

Just discovered the same problem is happening with other numbers I dial not all using SKY phone

@BRONX+BOMBERSo this is turning out to be an intermitent problem for you. The best way to get this sorted would be to call Sky and report it.

Just dial 150, when asked the nature of the call say " Technical ", you might be asked for mobile number, give this, but DO NOT hang up even when asked to do so, you should be put into the queue to speak to an advisor.

BRONX+BOMBER
Topic Author

Contacted SKY yesterday and they in turn contacted OPENREACH who siad they would look into it, it could be a routing problem. Was told it should be sorted in a couple of days so I said if it wasnt sorted bt Friday I would contactthem again atthe weekend

BRONX+BOMBER
Topic Author

STILL THE SAME PROBLEM... NOW I HAVE NOTICED A COUPLE MORE NUMBERS I DIAL AND GET THE SAME REPLY? i'LL GIVE THEM UNTIL TOMORROW.BEFORE I GET BACK ONTO THEM..

BRONX+BOMBER
Topic Author
This message was authored by BRONX+BOMBER This message was authored by: BRONX+BOMBER Answer

SORTED👍 it was refreshing to talk to someone in the UK after 20 years of VIRGIN trying to tell someone in INDIA? or wherever they are? about my problems Who in 99.9% of cases havent a clue and try and FOB YOU OFF Chapeau to SKYs customer service👋

@BRONX+BOMBERGlad you finally got it sorted out, what was the solution to fix it. So that it could help others if they ever come across the same problem.

BRONX+BOMBER
Topic Author

HIGHLANDER sorry I have no idea I presume it was a software problem in the exchange.??? Seeing as these days its all solid state.. I wroked on the manufacture and testing of mechanical exchange equipment, but don't no anything about the new solid state equipment used today. Good response from the SKY HELP DESK   For  a  change I could understand them and they me<g>

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion