Discussion topic: I am unable to make or receive calls on my home phone

This message was authored by Sue+Minney This message was authored by: Sue+Minney

I am unable to make or receive calls on my home phone

Since Saturday I have had no home phone working, I cannot make or receive calls. I have a message on my phone 'Line cord error' I have changed the phone to a corded one, still no signal. The most frustrating thing is that I cannot get any further than that virtual assistant, I need to speak to sky to get it sorted.. can someone advise how I can get directly through to sky. Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: I am unable to make or receive calls on my home phone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sue+Minney   I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat

This message was authored by Adrian+New+Forest This message was authored by: Adrian+New+Forest

Hi,

I have the same problem as reported by others - broadband working fine but home phone has not worked for several weeks, can't make or receive calls, no dial tone

have tried all the recommended fixes but no luck - including using a separate phone, different socket etc.

How do I get OpenReach to check my line and fix it?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Adrian+New+Forest wrote:

Hi,

I have the same problem as reported by others - broadband working fine but home phone has not worked for several weeks, can't make or receive calls, no dial tone

have tried all the recommended fixes but no luck - including using a separate phone, different socket etc.

How do I get OpenReach to check my line and fix it?

Give Sky a ring to report the fault - they'll engage Openreach as necessary. 

This message was authored by Adrian+New+Forest This message was authored by: Adrian+New+Forest

Thanks but I have several issues with that:

a) The problem is the land line is not working hence I can't ring them

b) There is no mobile signal where I live

c) I can't find any phone number to actually talk to a human being !!

Any suggestions?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Adrian+New+Forest I can alert Sky and the Community adviser team may be able to help via the forum, if you wish. It will be via online messaging and responses from Sky aren't immediate. 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent Adrian+New+Forest an invite to chat 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you Adrian+New+Forest. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion