Discussion topic: Phone Socket Extension

This message was authored by Gazzi This message was authored by: Gazzi

Phone Socket Extension

Hi,

I am new to Sky and have just signed up to Broadband and Talk. My main phone socket is in a place where I really don't want my router to be housed. I have an extension socket that was fitted by BT that my previous router was plugged into. If I do the same with the Sky router will my phone work with Skytalk?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Phone Socket Extension

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes, if your BT router was ok, your Sky Hub should be too. Note that you'll almost certainly have internet calls (Sky VOIP) with your Talk service and your phone handset will need to be plugged into the Hub, not the wall socket.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Yes, if your BT router was ok, your Sky Hub should be too. Note that you'll almost certainly have internet calls (Sky VOIP) with your Talk service and your phone handset will need to be plugged into the Hub, not the wall socket.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Gazzi 

Also note that if your area has had an Openreach full-fibre deployment, Sky will typically provision service over that and commission an FTTP installation at your address: this will be a new optical cable and an ONT located where you wish (within reason) rather than using the existing copper wire and sockets, which become redundant.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion