Discussion topic: Landline phone down and intermittent broadband

This message was authored by terry8591 This message was authored by: terry8591

Landline phone down and intermittent broadband

Hi, I hope someone can help me. On Thursday morning at around 11am I lost both my landline for the telephone and broadband. I phoned sky from a neighbours house and arranged for an engineer to come on Monday. On Friday evenening at about 6pm my broadband came back on and I received a text from Sky asking if the broadband was ok and I replied 'fixed' which cancelled the engineer. This morning my broadband was down again and my phone is still dead. Could someone please check at Sky's end because I'm sure the problem is not inside the house. BTW, when the line dropped on Thursday, there were some workmen tying a blue rope around the bottom of the telegraph pole that connects to my house, so not sure if they had accidentally affected the connection. I don't know how long my internet will be up so I don't know if I'll see an email reply, as my phone only receives texts.

Thanks in advance.

All Replies

terry8591
Topic Author

Re: Landline phone down and intermittent broadband

P.S. I forgot to say that the broadband came back on at 3pm to, which is why I can make this post. The phoneline is still completely dead though.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@terry8591 

See if you can run this line test to see if a fault is found outside of your property and if something is found you can book an engineer repair, ignore the fact it says it will test your broadband:

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/my-broadband-speed/no-connection-slow-wifi/articles/broadban...

You can also run this test via the MySky app.

Let us know how you get on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
terry8591
Topic Author

Thanks for the reply. I ran the test twice and it said "Oops, that didn't work" and the house symbol had a red exclaimation mark and a red line going out of the house. If I click the second dot under the house it says, "There's a problem with your broadband". Ironically the broadband is working at the moment, but could drop any moment. The phoneline is still dead.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will hopefully be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
terry8591
Topic Author

Thanks, for the reply. Yes, I've been through this a few times in the last few months!

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you terry8591. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion