Discussion topic: No broadband or phone

This message was authored by Carol+Seymour This message was authored by: Carol+Seymour

No broadband or phone

I have been without phone or broadband for a week , an engineer came, said it was the line and called open reach who came admitted it was a line fault. The last I heard was open reach was trying to get in touch with Western Power as the line was attached to WP pole . This was last Friday , I tried to find out more from Sky  using a borrowed mobile but because of poor signal got cut off twice . I am completely cut off no broadband of my own, no phone I am on Sky's vulnerable list being disabled and cannot go out , 75 years old and live alone . 😢

All Replies

Carol+Seymour
Topic Author
This message was authored by Carol+Seymour This message was authored by: Carol+Seymour

Re: No broadband or phone

And to add insult to injury I cannot get subtitles on my tv as they use broadband 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Carol+Seymour 

If Sky are aware you're a vulnerable customer I presume you have already signed up for Sky Accessibility? That offers different methods of contacting Sky. If not, in your circumstances, it may be worth you registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help now or in the future. 
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

I'm not sure your vulnerability will prioritise your broadband fault with Openreach though. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Carol+Seymour sorry to hear of the problem with your broadband and phone. Now that Openreach are involved (as they should be), it's a matter of waiting for them to fix the fault, I'm afraid It may take a little longer than normal as permissions will likely have to be obtained for the Openreach engineer to access the WP pole and then scheduling the right team to do the work.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion