Discussion topic: Landline (Voice light) not working

This message was authored by Dwires87 This message was authored by: Dwires87

Landline (Voice light) not working

A sky engineer updated our landline about three weeks ago and we have had no working phone ever since. I tried all of the tricks on the web and tried calling sky Ireland several times but their automated answering system keeps hanging up. I just need someone to come look at this before I cancel all of sky and move somewhere else. Very poor service. Very disappointing after 20 years of loyalty. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Landline (Voice light) not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Did you get a replacement Sky Hub? If the Voice light on the front panel lit, you'll probably need to plug your phone into the socket at the back of the Hub, not the wall socket.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Does your broadband hub have a voice light on it that is lit because if it does your phone connection needs to go into the back of it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@Mark39 wrote:

Did you get a replacement Sky Hub? If the Voice light on the front panel lit, you'll probably need to plug your phone into the socket at the back of the Hub, not the wall socket.

@Dwires87 sorry - missed the content of your thread title! I'm not sure what the situation is in Ireland re the rollout of a digital phone service. Do you know if you've been assigned internet calls? You could try restarting your Hub by switching off at the plug for 30 seconds or so, to see if that prompts the Voice indicator to light. Otherwise try your phone in the normal wall socket. Let us know if neither works. 

Dwires87
Topic Author

My understanding is that it has moved to internet calls but the engineer didnt say anything to us when installing the box. The letter we received prior to installion suggests it is moving to internet calls.

I have previously plugged out the hub, reset the hub, plugged the cable directly into the wall, plugged the cable into the back of the box, disconnected everythinf and tried again. 

I am at a lost cause at this point unfortunately. I dont know what to do next whithout getting an enginner back out.

Dwires87
Topic Author

There is no light on the voice hub. 

The main line that used to work doesnt work anymore. 

The internet is working fine and all of the other lights are lit up other than "voice"

What other information would you like to know? 

@Dwires87 best report it to Sky. It may be something they can fix without the need for an engineer to come out to your home. If you wish, we can ask the Messaging team to see if they can help you here by a private online chat? 

Dwires87
Topic Author

Please do. I have tried contacting sky several times and have been left unanswered. Thank you. 

OK, I've alerted Sky and a Community adviser may contact you via private, online messaging later today. Look out for a blue/red chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page and a Private Message inviting you to chat online. Replies from Sky may not be instant, so check back from time to time for updates.

For the detail of how it works see this guide: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Dwires87 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Dwires87
Topic Author

Hi Lisa,

I responded to the bubble yesterday and again was left with no response from sky. Why is it so difficult for sky to fix a problem. Very close to cancelling all sky or just not paying the bills as this is infuriating!

I did say that response from Sky wouldn't be immediate. The chat window remains open for 48 hours so there's still time yet. Or you could call again. It's unlikely that Lisa will reply to you here.

Dwires87
Topic Author

Thanks Mark. You have been very helpful and I appreciate your time. I cant call them as the sky ireland number pushes you either on line or for a call back and when you try to set up a call back the automated system hangs up. 

I responded to the bubble yesterday and waiting for a response from them and nothing. I have tried every avenue I can to get this resolved and I am left again with no help. 

Next thing is to cancel all payments to sky. I have no doubt I will hear from them that morning. 

@Dwires87 wrote:

Next thing is to cancel all payments to sky. I have no doubt I will hear from them that morning. 

I understand your frustration, but I would strongly recommend not doing that. It will only prompt an automated email and ultimately make it even more difficult to sort out the issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion