Discussion topic: Sky landline crackling

This message was authored by CJM1970 This message was authored by: CJM1970

Sky landline crackling

My landline started crackling on Friday, incoming and outgoing calls can't hear me talk and I only hear a limited bit of what they say. Internet is still working and I've checked that the phone is plugged in correctly 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky landline crackling

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CJM1970 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may get in touch with you later or maybe tomorrow now. They can hopefully check the line and forward any fault to Openreach for investigation.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll then have 48 hours to click on it and join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll just need to check the chat thread regularly.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to CJM1970.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you CJM1970. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by p+pace This message was authored by: p+pace

i am very deaf i have a bt 4600 phone the out going line is like a long engage tone and the dial tone on and off at the same time, also i have heart trouble so any help will realy please me ps ive just turned 80

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@p+pace 

Is your broadband working okay?

On a sidenote… in your circumstances it may be worth you registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help you now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion