Discussion topic: Hi just joined and been given a new home phone number, how do I request to keep my old number please

This message was authored by Ericthomp This message was authored by: Ericthomp

Hi just joined and been given a new home phone number, how do I request to keep my old number please

I need to keep my old home number but been given a new one when I signed up how do I get to speak to someone to change this. Is there a live chat as number is taking a while to get through 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Hi just joined and been given a new home phone number, how do I request to keep my old number pl

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ericthomp 

If you wanted to keep your old landline number you had to request it at the time of ordering and even then it can't be guaranteed. From the help pages…

Your phone number

Most of the time you can keep your existing number when moving to Sky Talk. Just let us know your existing number and your phone provider when placing your order.

Good to know: Order Sky Talk before cancelling with your current provider – we won’t be able to transfer your number if you cancel with them first.

If we can’t transfer your number or you want a new one, you’ll get an email or letter with your new number. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Hi just joined and been given a new home phone number, how do I request to keep my old number pl

@Ericthomp 

If you wanted to keep your old landline number you had to request it at the time of ordering and even then it can't be guaranteed. From the help pages…

Your phone number

Most of the time you can keep your existing number when moving to Sky Talk. Just let us know your existing number and your phone provider when placing your order.

Good to know: Order Sky Talk before cancelling with your current provider – we won’t be able to transfer your number if you cancel with them first.

If we can’t transfer your number or you want a new one, you’ll get an email or letter with your new number. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mickh911 This message was authored by: Mickh911

Went through a similar process yesterday, two hours on the phone to someone in Bulgaria, reseting unplugging etc phone not taking incoming calls "this number is not recognised", late on purely by chance logging into my sky account i see they have changed my landline number, make no wonder the help people are telling me "everythings working at our end" all incoming calls ar going to the new number, Not once was i asked to confirm my landline number as far as i was aware it was the same as its always been.

trying to contact sky to speak to someone is nearon impossible, emails and messages going unanswed 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Mickh911 

Sky don't use email as a general method of communication. 

If you already have a Sky Mobile or a Sky Talk landline call free by just dialling 150, otherwise you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

Be aware that as with most large companies nowadays the start will be automated and these automated responses may try to send you back to the forum.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Mickh911 Sky wouldn't change your phone number unless you've switched from another provider, when you would have been asked if you wanted to keep your existing number.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion