Discussion topic: sky box has stopped working

This message was authored by tesco14 This message was authored by: tesco14

sky box has stopped working

I can get sky on the screen, but it's a straight link to whatever the normal tv is  set on, and it shows a still photo/picture on about 1/4 of  top half of L/H side of screen, but in two boxes? then it just a series of coloured lines across the screen to the right from what's picture is showing on the left. only the on and off button work> I have turned everything off at the wall to give chnace for reset but stays the same> The normal tv works as normal> Bottom half of the screen all along is nothing. I did remove veiwing card and that had a bit of a burn mark thought to the other side so don't know if that's failed> thank you

Best Answers
tesco14
Topic Author
This message was authored by tesco14 This message was authored by: tesco14 Answer

Re: sky box has stopped working

I do have an older box(worked), but I had an email a week ago about free upgrade to sky Q, so I think that's come at the right time> Thank you both  for your help 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
Please Note: Sky+ is now a legacy service that Sky are winding down

You could try to force a software update (see my Sky Plus FAQ), that does sounds like a busted box with a hardware fault 😞

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I agree with @Annie+UK - sounds terminal to me. It's unlikely to be anything to do with the Viewing Card - the discolouration is normal. You can pick up a used replacement Sky+HD box from ebay etc . Just look for a DRX890 or DRX895 as they're the most recent.

Alternatively, you could upgrade to Sky Q.

tesco14
Topic Author
This message was authored by tesco14 This message was authored by: tesco14 Answer

I do have an older box(worked), but I had an email a week ago about free upgrade to sky Q, so I think that's come at the right time> Thank you both  for your help 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion