Discussion topic: Sky settings fine, but no progs, just blue screen

This message was authored by AG59 This message was authored by: AG59

Sky settings fine, but no progs, just blue screen

This has just happened (Saturday 23/10/21): settings says everything is fine (signal, connection to broadband etc.), but when I try to access the channels I get a blank blue screen. When I turn the box off, the light goes from green to amber, but the blue screen remains.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Sky settings fine, but no progs, just blue screen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Pull the power plug out for 5 minutes then plug it back in

This message was authored by Charles+A+Gaskin This message was authored by: Charles+A+Gaskin

Thanks Annie - back in business thanks to you. Very windy here today (west coast of Ireland) so I thought it was something else....Now the kids won't kill me!

This message was authored by Rosgeek This message was authored by: Rosgeek

So I've got the same problem only I've done a system update and checked settings - all fine. The problem is I can unplug it and plug it back in and it'll work only I have to do this everyday. It's not just an intermittent thing. I'm so fed up with having to do this - last two weeks everyday just to watch. I've even changed swapped HDMI cable round just in case but no difference. Any ideas please?

This message was authored by Alan+Mc This message was authored by: Alan+Mc

I'm having the same isue last few days. Have checked HDMI , updated software but eevery few hours the box locks up

Yes I've unplugged left for 5 mins and although it's ok for that moment of watching it then stops working again a while later 🤦‍♀️

This message was authored by Stevebasil This message was authored by: Stevebasil

Did anyone find a correction for this? Having the same problem! 

We never found a solution.  It stopped happening suddenly one day. The only thing is our sky menu options run so slowly it's painful. We have actually cancelled our sky altogether now. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion