Discussion topic: Sky History and History 2 No Satellite Signal

This message was authored by ElleeB This message was authored by: ElleeB

Sky History and History 2 No Satellite Signal

My Sky+ box is working fine on every channel except Sky History and History 2 (and the +1 equivalents).

Last week the picture started breaking up.  Then it started giving a constant no satellite signal on screen.  Five days later it's the same.  Can't watch record or dowload.  Every other channel works fine!

Any ideas please?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mat93 This message was authored by: Mat93

Re: Sky History and History 2 No Satellite Signal

@ElleeB wrote:

My Sky+ box is working fine on every channel except Sky History and History 2 (and the +1 equivalents).

Last week the picture started breaking up.  Then it started giving a constant no satellite signal on screen.  Five days later it's the same.  Can't watch record or dowload.  Every other channel works fine!

Any ideas please?

@ElleeB Your satellite dish may be misaligned and will require an engineer to correct this. Do you have your own dish or are you connected to a communal dish?

Own satellite dish, Visit sky's homepage https://www.sky.com/help/home and scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Need more help?" to display the contact number to arrange an engineer visit. 

Communal dish, Contact with your building management/landlord to report a fault, communal dishes are not maintained by Sky. 

-
This message was authored by Geordie+in+the+To This message was authored by: Geordie+in+the+To

Getting the same issue on Sky History. My dish is aligned properly. The picture breaks up and the sound cuts out. It has only recently starting playing up.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Geordie+in+the+To wrote:

Getting the same issue on Sky History. My dish is aligned properly. The picture breaks up and the sound cuts out. It has only recently starting playing up.

Check your signal strengths (Services > Settings > Signal) while tuned to one of these channels. The white part of all four bars should consistently be at least half way across. If not, there's a problem with your dish or cabling which will require an engineer to investigate.

This message was authored by ade003450 This message was authored by: ade003450

I had the same problem with these channels plus a couple of MTV channels were pixellating. I changed the LNB on my satellite dish (easy for me as I can access it with a stepladder) and everything was back and working. The LNB was about 8 years old so I think it was just starting to fail.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ade003450 wrote:

I had the same problem with these channels plus a couple of MTV channels were pixellating. I changed the LNB on my satellite dish (easy for me as I can access it with a stepladder) and everything was back and working. The LNB was about 8 years old so I think it was just starting to fail.

Entirely likely. Performance tends to degrade after around 5 years.

This message was authored by ade003450 This message was authored by: ade003450

Further update....my original old LNB was an OCTO (8 outputs). I changed it for a quad LNB (4 outputs) which I had as a spare.  My installation uses 6 outputs normally so I left a couple of cables unconnected while I was using the Quad. This got everything working properly on Sky History etc. with no loss of signal or pixellation that I could see anywhere across channels.

I next bought a new OCTO LNB and installed only to find Sky History/History2 were heavily pixellated as were some other channels again. I checked all connections and connected only the 2 cables from my main Sky box to the OCTO without any improvement.

All LNB's seem to be SKY original items with their labels on the units and the boxes.

I'm thinking now about dish alignment with the OCTO being slightly heavier than the Quad.

Any thoughts?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion