Discussion topic: Sky+ Box won't connect to the internet/router

This message was authored by Funky+fairy+18 This message was authored by: Funky+fairy+18

Re: Sky+ Box won't connect to the internet/router

I was having the same issue, but I followed @Annie+UK advice and it worked a treat! Thank you, I really didn't fancy having to pay for an engineer to come out to fix it. 👍👍👍👍

This message was authored by Meat. This message was authored by: Meat.

I was having problem connecting my sky box to my router kept going int settings but would not find  wireless networks ..

I then turned off router and sky box unplugged everything and then after 1 minute reconnected everything 

waited for router to reboot and then did same with sky and then went into settings and tried to connect by putting WiFi code into network settings and lo and behold this time the sky box found my network and I put password in and it's all working so tbat I can now access my sky box via my iPad to record programmes etc so whooped success using my ingenuity going to bed now as it is 3am in morning very stressful

This message was authored by Keilah This message was authored by: Keilah

Changed out BB router to new one, now sky saying connection to broadband router ok, but connection to internet not. Despite all other devices, being connected to the new router and on the internet. Any ideas?

All I can say is had same problem with my talk talk router and connection sky to I pad 

I shut everything down ie the router and sky and then rebooted it internet first and then sky box and then  it all reconnected fine.

good luck

This message was authored by Keilah This message was authored by: Keilah

Hey thanks for reply. Yes tried the all off and router on first trick a few times now, still the same

This message was authored by Russ20 This message was authored by: Russ20

I had a similar problem to this. In my case my box is quite old so is hard wired to my router. For some reason connection stopped and I could not get it to reconnect despite rebooting both the router and the sky box. However I tried swapping the ethernet cable into the other ethernet port (port2) on the back of my sky router and that worked for me. Swapping it back to port1 and it will not connect again, so perhaps something has failed in the sky router.

This message was authored by MissTizzy This message was authored by: MissTizzy

Worked for me just now. Thanks Annie+UK

turn everything  off and reboot

worked for me 

This message was authored by Dawn-uk This message was authored by: Dawn-uk

Had this exact problem and nothing i did resolved ( have SkyQ too )  ... Internet with BT , simply went into the Hub turned off Smart Settings , re entered hub Password and straight in!  

This message was authored by garshabenmoy This message was authored by: garshabenmoy

Sky+HD will not connect to broadband

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried anything that has already been posted in this topic ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Gerwynimo This message was authored by: Gerwynimo

Having read all the above I switched every item ooff for at least 20 mins, then switched all items back on and simply used the option of entering the password of the best broadband reception and it worked straightaway.  I had simply lost access to box sets, catch-up and picks of the day for no obvious reason.  Pleased to have learnt that I needed to allow a decent time-lag after switching the equipment off - all previous attempts involved too narrow a gap!

This message was authored by Frozty70 This message was authored by: Frozty70

Hi @Yorkshire+dales , after trying everything else suggested on this forum, your fix has worked-brilliant!

thank you.

This message was authored by Sharon.b This message was authored by: Sharon.b

We had some issues with our fibre (not Sky) who suggested we split it to give us better speed which it did. However when we updated the Sky+ box it would not connect. Kept coming up with message "reset connection" then it said if we wanted to change connection it said existing one would have to be reset. We did this numerous times. Ended up ringing Sky who said it was down to the broadband provider and that we should ditch the 5ghz and stick with the 2.4. We did all that but still did not work. In settings it showed both 2.4 and the 5 so assumed it was getting confused as to which one it should connect to. Our provider was fab and talked us through it all but still cant get rid of the 5ghz. In sheer desperation we did a factory reset which still has not worked. So we rang Sky again and they said we would need to upgrade to SkyQ. Ive said ok but really dont want it. Can anyone tell me how I can delete this extra broadband thing off of settings.

Sorry it's long winded and not very technical.

This message was authored by Galb This message was authored by: Galb

GlenNorthEast@

Try a "rebuild" in Services.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion