Discussion topic: Sender

This message was authored by Moo123 This message was authored by: Moo123

Sender

Is it possible to buy a sky sender so I can watch tv in another room?I don't have internet and don't want multi room but would like to be able to watch sky in my room.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Sender

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You could use a HDMI Video sender but they are prone to interference and are not as cheap as a magic eye though they wil give HD and stereo sound that a magic eye cannot provide

Take a look on Amazon

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Moo123  you have posted in the sky+ board so I presume that's what you currently have 

if you are referring to a sky stream puck then you need to be aware you can't have both sky + and sky stream, it's either one or the other 

or do you mean something like a magic eye for which I don't think sky sell themselves 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Moo123
Topic Author
This message was authored by Moo123 This message was authored by: Moo123

Hello 

Thankyou for your response,

It's something like the magic eye I'm after but the only one I can find seems to involve running a cable from the sky box to my other tv which isn't suitable.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

You could use a HDMI Video sender but they are prone to interference and are not as cheap as a magic eye though they wil give HD and stereo sound that a magic eye cannot provide

Take a look on Amazon

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

..or a basic SD wireless sender would be a lot cheaper - around £50 and a bit less susceptible to inteference too, but obviously not the best picture quality. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Moo123 wrote:

It's something like the magic eye I'm after but the only one I can find seems to involve running a cable from the sky box to my other tv which isn't suitable.

Cable works, though:  'HDMI video senders' usually don't (or do until someone in the vicinity moves).

Make sure you purchase from somewhere with a decent returns policy.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion