Discussion topic: Old sky+ box

This message was authored by Bobby1938 This message was authored by: Bobby1938

Old sky+ box

I've had my sky box since I started with sky years ago. I keep having problems with it. Can I get a new one for free?  Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Old sky+ box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bobby1938  Your best to buy one off eBay, as sky themselves will no longer supply given they are an end of life product and will try and get you to upgrade to sky q

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Bobby1938 wrote:

I've had my sky box since I started with sky years ago. I keep having problems with it. Can I get a new one for free?  Thanks 

As @SKY1992bf posted, Sky probably won't be able to supply one, as they're now end-of -life hardware. You can pick up a newer, but used Sky+HD box from ebay etc. for no more than £30 or so. Look for a DRX890 or DRX895 model as they're the most recent (though still no later than 2015/2016).

Alternatively, Sky will probably offer you a good, no cost deal to upgrade to Sky Q if that's of interest.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mark39 wrote:

@Bobby1938 wrote:

Alternatively, Sky will probably offer you a good, no cost deal to upgrade to Sky Q if that's of interest.

If it's an SD Sky+ box then Sky will do so as a consequence of the upcoming BBC closure of SD services.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/bbcupgrade 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion