Discussion topic: On demand categories won't load.

This message was authored by Claver This message was authored by: Claver

On demand categories won't load.

On demand categories like catch up, cinema, kids, etc either show a continuous message "searching for listings, please wait" or "programme information isn't available right now. Please try again later."

The guide and planner work correctly. I have a wired connection and have tried switching the router and sky box off for some minutes and checked cables.

In settings the connection to on demand is OK. The firmware is R024.092.11.00P and version no 4f3180 if that helps.

Can anyone save me from having to ring Sky? Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: On demand categories won't load.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The planner and TV guide don't require broadband to function

• Turn off your box and router
  • Turn on the router and wait for it to come on fully
  • Turn on your Sky box

You could try changing the DNS server in you router and/or Sky box settings:

Cloud­flare:  1112      1002
Google:  8888     8844
Open­DNS:  20867222222     20867220220
AdGuard DNS:  941401414     941401515
Claver
Topic Author
This message was authored by Claver This message was authored by: Claver

Re: On demand categories won't load.

Thank you @Annie+UK for your reply. I have tried the first suggestion  involving switching off router and sky box several times but to no avail.

I have also tried changing the DNS server in the sky box settings to Google and  Cloudfare.  I am able to access On Demand services through my tablet and then send an  instruction to the Sky box so I shall just put up with the inconvenience for now.

Looking at the various discussions about flaky wifi or broadband across Sky+, Q Box, and now Glass it is clear that Sky have not done the basics in ensuring customers get a good reliable experience before expanding into new services.

Thanks again for your help.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion