Discussion topic: Can you have multiroom with sky+ box

This message was authored by Ian117 This message was authored by: Ian117

Can you have multiroom with sky+ box

Hi, my elderly dad has just come out of hospital and confined to his bedroom . He wants sky TV in there so needs a multiroom of some sorts. Mum will be watching sky in the living room still. Will sky still supply a box with sky+ in main room? There is no internet at the house either. Thanks in advance. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Can you have multiroom with sky+ box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ian117 

Regarding SKY Q  I think you may wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY Q multiscreen does need a router for network allocation of addresses etc & I believe requires an internet connection for activation of the minis  & a lot SKY Q functionality is designed around an internet connection. (cc @HeathHayle )

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Ian117  Sky no longer sell subscriptions or hardware for Sky plus even to existing active accounts 

you would need to upgrade to Sky Q to get multi room 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Please Note: Sky+ is now a legacy service that Sky are winding down

Your option is to move to Sky Q, this is Sky's supported satellite servce, there is also the option of Sky Glass or Sky Stream, if you want to move away from satellite TV and use the Internet

Ian117
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ian117 This message was authored by: Ian117

Ok, so he needs a  sky Q box then. Can that be set up without internet connection? 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Ian117 wrote:

Ok, so he needs a  sky Q box then. Can that be set up without internet connection? 

No 😞

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Ian117  You would need to replace the sky + setup completely with sky Q or sky glass/stream in both rooms as you can't mix and match between the two 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

not that I know anything about sky Q but doesnt multi room with sky Q setup just need a network not the internet so couldnt they setup a router with just internal network access?

==============================
= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

@Ian117 

Regarding SKY Q  I think you may wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY Q multiscreen does need a router for network allocation of addresses etc & I believe requires an internet connection for activation of the minis  & a lot SKY Q functionality is designed around an internet connection. (cc @HeathHayle )

This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

ah ok fair enough I didnt know the minis needed activation using the internet

= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion