Discussion topic: BBC upgrade

This message was authored by Geoff23 This message was authored by: Geoff23

BBC upgrade

Hi 

I am eligible for an upgrade to Sky Q but the address on my account is an old address and I cannot see how to update it. Don't want an engineer turning up to my old address!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Re: BBC upgrade

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. On this occasion we would advise to call our team at the Home Move department to update the address. 

Thanks.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Geoff23  To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Geoff23
Topic Author

Thank you

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. On this occasion we would advise to call our team at the Home Move department to update the address. 

Thanks.

Geoff23
Topic Author

What is the number to use?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/home-move-book-av2

Use the options when they load at the bottom of the page via the Yes, I still need help > I' prefer to get in touch > Get in Touch > Call Us.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by MartinGeraghty1 This message was authored by: MartinGeraghty1

I have a sky+box but no card. How do you upgrade your box to continue to receive BBC channels 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@MartinGeraghty1 wrote:

I have a sky+box but no card. How do you upgrade your box to continue to receive BBC channels 

If you have  sky+HD box, no upgrade is needed. They're capable of receiving BBC HD already.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@MartinGeraghty1 wrote:

'no card' presumably means no Sky subscription, in which case Sky has no obligation to facilitate continued reception of channels (BBC or otherwise).  To take advantage of any Sky offer associated with the cessation of SD broadcast you need to be a customer.

Alternatively, late model Sky+ HD boxes (last manufactured in 2015) are widely available online.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion