Discussion topic: Great! movie channels broken picture.

This message was authored by white1p This message was authored by: white1p

Great! movie channels broken picture.

I seem to able to receive all channels on my Sky+ HD box except the Great! Movie channels where the picture is broken up and the system says No Signal on line 1. I have the Signature package, movie package and HD. I have powered off the Sky box as suggested, but it hasn't solved the issue.

Any ideas anyone?

Best Answers
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81 Answer

Re: Great! movie channels broken picture.

@white1p wrote:

Only get no signal on Line 1 whilst trying to watch a Great! Movie channel. When watching any other channel the signal on both line 1 & 2 is very good.

Would a misalignment affect only a few channel?

Yes, it's very common for an alignment fault to affect just one group of channels. You should also have problems with the POP kids channels as they're on the same frequency. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Most likely your dish is slightly misaligned. Unfortunately Sky have withdrawn engineer support for Sky+ equipment (edited to add: unless you have Sky Protect), so you would need to get a local satellite installer to come out and take a look.

white1p
Topic Author
This message was authored by white1p This message was authored by: white1p

Only get no signal on Line 1 whilst trying to watch a Great! Movie channel. When watching any other channel the signal on both line 1 & 2 is very good.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes, it affects all the channels using the same satellite transponder. That can be just one, but more likely several channels. All the other channels on different transponders can be receiving an ok signal and are unaffected. 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81 Answer

@white1p wrote:

Yes, it's very common for an alignment fault to affect just one group of channels. You should also have problems with the POP kids channels as they're on the same frequency. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion