Discussion topic: Sky installed a month ago but still no viewing card.

This message was authored by Matt114 This message was authored by: Matt114

Sky installed a month ago but still no viewing card.

Had sky broadband, TV and talk installed in Dec 2023 no problem, but a viewing card wasn't sent out.
The engineer who installed the dish etc even phoned sky for us and was told it hadn't been sent out yet. That was back in December. We still haven't received a viewing card so obviously can't really use Sky TV.

To cut a very long story short, I have tried several phone calls since but each time I'm told it'll be 5-7 working days and that I'll be called back to confirm it has arrived. 
It's now been nearly a month and still no viewing card (or call back) which is incredibly frustrating and disappointing.
Can't anything be done? Express delivery? Any sort of delivery?!

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky installed a month ago but still no viewing card.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matt114 

I briefly saw your first post before it vanished. I think you mentioned you were in the ROI. The engineers normally carry spares but clearly not on that day. What was the last contact from Sky Ireland? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Matt114
Topic Author

Daniel0210

Thanks for replying.
Yes, for some reason my previous post was taken down.
Yes, we're in ROI and the engineer didn't seem to have a spare on the day or didn't use it. He phoned sky and was told it hadn't been sent yet.
I then phoned sky on 2nd Jan, 11th Jan, and last time was 17th Jan.
Told each time it hadn't been sent out and would 5-7 working days to arrive.
Last time I phoned was 17th Jan and was initially told the same thing, then was told it would actually arrive that day, but it obviously didn't.
So guess I just have to phone again. Each time takes about an hour though with the same result!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Matt114 

To see if they can help sort this for you I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may contact you later.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains the process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
Matt114
Topic Author

Daniel0210 

Thanks Daniel, will see what happens with the bubble...

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Matt114.

To tag someone you need to put @ before their name as in @Matt114 

Sky customer since 2001
Matt114
Topic Author

So...latest update...

Started conversation with the Sky expert message system which began well enough. Took our various Sky Q serial numbers etc and was told they'd get back to me.

Waited a few hours and asked if any news. Nothing back for another hour or so and then it it reached the 4.30pm closing time so message/conversation bubble dissapeared.

That was on Friday 19th Jan. I'm guessing as it's now the weekend and the messaging system is only Mon-Fri I'll have to repost my issues on here on Mon 22nd Jan, as the 48 hour cut off would've kicked in by tomorrow?

Or maybe the blue message bubble will magically reappear tomorrow? Who knows?!

How hard can it be to send out a viewing card by express delivery that should've been sent out a month ago? 

Stay tuned folks as the never-ending saga continues tomorrow.

Can't wait....

@Matt114 

The Messaging Team work until 7pm and also at weekends. As already stated, if you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly. 

Sky customer since 2001
Matt114
Topic Author

Unfortunately not.

At the top of the direct messaging/chat window it said for ROI it's Mon-Fri till 4.30 (or similar wording to that).

I can't take a screen shot now as the direct chat disappeared at 4.30 on Friday.

I had the chat open all Friday afternoon (with 'Ciara'), gave serial numbers etc and heard nothing back after being told to wait, I left the chat on next to me the whole time, and then  a  few hours later on Friday (obviously still within the 48 hours) the direct chat disappeared (including the initial blue bubble link thing) at 4.30pm.

So I'm assuming I have to start the process again with a new post tomorrow (Monday) to then get escalated again to direct message status and begin a fresh wait.

@Matt114 

My apologies, I completely forgot you are in the ROI. Yes, the ROI Customer Services is closed at weekends. If the chat doesn't reappear in the morning (I would suggest waiting til after 9am) post again on this thread and we can possibly re-escalate.

Sky customer since 2001
Matt114
Topic Author

@Daniel0210 Thanks Daniel, will post again tomorrow...

Matt114
Topic Author

Hi @Daniel0210 

We've had a power cut due to storm Isha and now Jocelyn since Sunday night, power due back 7pm tonight allegedly.

I did check on my mobile yesterday and there was no chat bubble.

No viewing card has arrived yet of course!

So, it would be good if it could be escalated again, although I won't be able to give software/serial numbers (for the 3rd time) as we have no power at the moment for me to look them up on screen but maybe there's another way to get them or they're on the system there already from the previous 2 times I've given them - once on the phone and once on the chat here on Friday before it was cut off at 4.30.

(I just thought I'd message now here so this thread doesn't get closed.)

@Matt114 

I've re-escalated this to Sky. Process is as before obviously taking into consideration the ROI operating times. If the previous chat invite is still open Sky will hopefully update the thread to that effect.

Sky customer since 2001
Matt114
Topic Author

Thanks @Daniel0210 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion