Discussion topic: On screen error messages

This message was authored by Elizabeth2502 This message was authored by: Elizabeth2502

On screen error messages

I go my new skq q box installed last week but now i am getting on screen error messages saying that I will lose all sky channels soon and to contact sky I can clear the messages with my remote but they keep on appearing. I am afraid that all the channels will just disappear one day.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: On screen error messages

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Elizabeth2502 wrote:
I go my new skq q box installed last week but now i am getting on screen error messages saying that I will lose all sky channels soon and to contact sky I can clear the messages with my remote but they keep on appearing. I am afraid that all the channels will just disappear one day.

hi @Elizabeth2502 

As you now have a SKY Q box you will not loose the channels - the changes planned for some channels will only affect the older SKY + boxes.

You should not be getting such messages - hopefully they will settle down - but I will eanuire if the team that support this can help to get rid of them 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Elizabeth2502 

I have escalated your post to a SKY support team, who, hopefully, will be in touch.

Please see this link re the escalation and what you might see:
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP address' is not checked in settings to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Elizabeth2502 to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion