Discussion topic: Remote Setup Unsuccessful

This message was authored by Everydisplayname This message was authored by: Everydisplayname

Remote Setup Unsuccessful

Remote will not pair. Repeated message "remote setup unsuccessful"   This is despite sky sending new remote. Pressed 7&9 then did 1&3 still get the same message. 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Remote Setup Unsuccessful

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Everydisplayname wrote:

Remote will not pair. Repeated message "remote setup unsuccessful"   This is despite sky sending new remote. Pressed 7&9 then did 1&3 still get the same message. 

Hi @Everydisplayname 

Make sure you are pointing the Remote at the Q box infrared sensor when you press 1 & 3 together.

Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

This message was authored by MrThompsonESQ This message was authored by: MrThompsonESQ

I received a replacement remote today and Connor pair?

I get the same result above?

working fine except volume control! 

This message was authored by MrThompsonESQ This message was authored by: MrThompsonESQ

Doesn't work either!

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

So you can pair it but it doesn't control the volume? That doesn't sound like the same problem as the original post. Did it have your model of TV listed?

It controlled the sky Q box out of the box, but not the volume. In the past there has been a search my tv manufacturer?

I have now presses 7 & 9 on all other remotes that were connected to this to, have been though all steps and still new remote will not connect?

old remotes control sky but volume and speech commends no longer work!

this has stumped me!

When you do the 1 & 3 it should start the pairing process which includes the selection of TV model

Shouldn't need to touch any other remotes.

It doesn't, it just says set up failed?

I'm going to escalate this as I don't know what can go wrong in that process. The box is in line of sight and you're pointing the remote at it, as it uses IR for that I think?

Watch out for a blue chat bubble once Sky respond.

Yep. I even searched where the or sensor is to ensure it's pointed at the right place 🤓

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now but if there is anything else in the future we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

This message was authored by JamboJJ This message was authored by: JamboJJ

Hi @Chodley @Addie15 @Mr+Flibbles+86  I'm having the same issue, what was the resolution please? Thank

No idea. The chat seems to have been closed with no conclusion. Have escalated for you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion