Discussion topic: I've been trying to activate Paramount + for months and can't get anywhere.

This message was authored by Angela96 This message was authored by: Angela96

I've been trying to activate Paramount + for months and can't get anywhere.

When I go to the app on the TV I get taken to a screen telling me to go the sky.com Paramount + activation screen.  When I follow it and sign in with Sky log in and put in get Paramount+  the only options I get are to pay monthly etc but we get if free with Sky Cinema.  I'm fed up with trying.  Am I being an idiot and doing something obviously wrong?

All Replies

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Re: I've been trying to activate Paramount + for months and can't get anywhere.

@Angela96 Have you been into 'MySky' on your Q box and gone through the process to activate Paramount+ first?

There should be a blue Paramount+ tile there.

You need to add it as a free subscription first, should be priced at £0.00 per month. You then follow the link to activate it.

See the instructions here.

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
Angela96
Topic Author

Still no luck, still not getting free option.

Screenshot_20230630_184402_Paramount+.jpg

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

The process should be:

1. Activate the free subscription via 'MySky' on your Q box by clicking on the Paramount+ tile
  2. Select Confirm, or select View T&Cs if you want to read the terms and conditions.
  3. Scan the QR code on your smartphone or tablet, or go to sky.com/paramountplus-activate.
  4. Sign in with your Sky iD and create a Paramount+ account. Or login if you already have one.
  5. Once it is confirmed as activated, go to the Paramount+ app  on Sky Q.
  6. Select Sign In. Select either On the web or On my TV:

If you select On the Web, go to paramountplus.com/tv and enter the code shown on your TV screen.

If you select On my TV, enter the email and password you used to create your Paramount+ account.

That should be that. If you do not activate the free subscription via MySky on the Q box first, you just go round in circles.

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
This message was authored by redlipz06 This message was authored by: redlipz06

I have the same issue and called the sky tech team yesterday but the issue was not resolved. However, I was able to learn from them where to reset the apps, the settings, the hard drive and even a factory reset when the guy was guiding me to troubleshoot the issue. He asked me to reset the apps but it did not work even after 24 hours.

The next day, I tried the reset settings instead and I was able to resolve my issue. I hope the below will help you as well. Disclaimer: This is not a guarantee but may be worth a try as your last resort.

1. Go to Sky Home on your Sky box.

2. Hover on the Settings option (do not click, just hover on it).

3. On your remote keypad, enter 001.

4. Finally, click on the Settings option. You'll see a warning at the top to only make changes there if the Sky team told you so. (i ignored this warning, proceed at your own risk).

5. Go to the Reset option.

6. Click on the Reset settings sub-option. It will unpair your remote and reset your box to factory default but it will keep your recording and network set-up intact.

7. Follow the instructions on your TV.

8. When you are able to open or restart Sky service on your TV, pair your remote to your Sky box. Use this guide: https://www.sky.com/help/program-your-remote

9. Once you have your Sky remote working again, you can now follow this guide: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/using-paramount-plus

Good luck!

This message was authored by Tim64 This message was authored by: Tim64

I'm having the same problem again and again since we moved and went to sky q its frustrating 

This message was authored by hodge95 This message was authored by: hodge95

@Angela96 did you ever get sorted?

Angela96
Topic Author

Yes on Wednesday!  Thought I would try again and this time it worked.  I think Sky might have done something to our account, don't know for definite.

This message was authored by TrevGB This message was authored by: TrevGB

Well I hope Sky are reading this and work the same sourcery for me - I've been going round in circles for hours! It really shouldn't be this difficult, it shouldn't be offered if it doesn't work (had the same with Discovery+ too!!)

This message was authored by Kt2010 This message was authored by: Kt2010

We have the exact same problem !!

account is linked but app says no active subscription and paramount trying to charge us like the same picture shown above, countless phone calls to sky can't even get a reply from paramount! Even phone call to sky one said I dunno then! 
give up.....

This message was authored by Alan85 This message was authored by: Alan85

I have the same problem ive spoken to sky who were of no help.they just repeated tge instructions. I had paramount plus prior to the get for free was advertised. I cancelled my subscription waited for it to expire.then followed instructions tge same as you....I got **bleep** off.and after no help from sky I then subscribed....it just wouldn't let me in.ive rebooted and tried endless ways to know avail.

This message was authored by Alan85 This message was authored by: Alan85

I did all that it won't go to billing and if I go to activate via my phone it says it seems as if you gone here to fast go to activation...just go round in circles

This message was authored by Clareneedham This message was authored by: Clareneedham

I am having the same problem  I am a sky customer  to answer I should get it free I phone up and I Was on the phone over 3 hours trying to get it up I was not happy with the service  I can't wait to my contact  run out 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Clareneedham wrote:

I am having the same problem  I am a sky customer  to answer I should get it free I phone up and I Was on the phone over 3 hours trying to get it up I was not happy with the service  I can't wait to my contact  run out 

@Clareneedham You say you are a Sky customer and should get it free do you subscribe to Sky Cinema as only Sky Cinema subscribers get it free other Sky customers have to pay for it unless you got the 6 month free offer and redeemed that.

All Sky customers do get Discovery+ free though 

if you are a Sky Cinema subscriber have you followed the link below explicitly especially the part regarding Sky market place 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/tv-apps-on-my-sky-q-box/articles/using-paramount-plus

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion