Discussion topic: Can't download catch up - asked to upgrade

This message was authored by 0711DRL This message was authored by: 0711DRL

Can't download catch up - asked to upgrade

Hi, I can't download programmes on sky channels without being told to hit the red button to upgrade. I have tried settings - preferences - download in SD/HD but nothing is working

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Can't download catch up - asked to upgrade

Posted by a Sky employee

Good afternoon. A new invite has been sent

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @0711DRL 

I have escalated your post to a SKY support team, who, hopefully, will be in touch.

Please see this link re the escalation and what you might see:
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP address' is not checked in settings to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@0711DRL 
As and when Skys Messaging Team contact you they will try to refresh the viewing card which sometimes needs a couple of attempts.

This link explains more: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/call-to-upgrade-downloading-on-demand#q-help-articles

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @0711DRL.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hello there, a Sky Expert is looking to have a private chat with you about this post you made on Sky Community. Community Messaging provides a private conversation with our team. To start this conversation, look out for and select the chat bubble at the bottom left of your screen. Responses aren't immediate which allows you to go about your day, so please check back often. For more information and to check the authenticity of this private message, visit our help article:

https://bit.ly/49OymNW
Thanks
Tom
0711DRL
Topic Author

Hi Tom, I haven't recieved anything as yet

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@0711DRL 
You should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @0711DRL. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

0711DRL
Topic Author

@Mr+Flibbles+86 Hi, the invite wasn't  anywhere when i was able to check, and then i have been at work on shift since then. Can it be re-escalated please as the issue is still happening?

@0711DRL 

EDIT:
You need to watch out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Good afternoon. A new invite has been sent

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion