Discussion topic: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

This message was authored by Bristols+finest This message was authored by: Bristols+finest

Re: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

Hi seems like I have the same issue cannot connect my doorbell to the chime it's driving me insane 🤦🏻‍♂️

This message was authored by Jonnyp123gg This message was authored by: Jonnyp123gg

I'm waiting for my replacement.Tried my old one again last night to see sky had resolved issue but no joy.Must be a few faulty ones about

This message was authored by Bristols+finest This message was authored by: Bristols+finest

Also the LIVE chat doesn't even work just comes up with suggestions of FAQs so guess il have to call sky and get a replacement 

This message was authored by Col262 This message was authored by: Col262

Hi I and can't seem to get the chime to connect with the app.

The chime itself is connecting to the internet as it has the solid blue light,  I've pressed the sync button and waited for the light to flash blue and orange but doesn't connect. 

i called Sky Protect and after 10 minutes talking to them they hung up! I don't think they knew what to do. 

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the chime connected?

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Col262

There is a dedicated Live Chat function on the Sky Protect App that can help diagnose this sort of issue. 

Thanks 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Col262 This message was authored by: Col262

Thank you

i have now got it working. Uninstalled the Sky Protect App and started everything from the beginning 

SteelesHouse
Topic Author
This message was authored by SteelesHouse This message was authored by: SteelesHouse

Actually - the doorbell had a firmware update - and now everything works as it should.  Really happy with it all.  Is there an option to buy more sensors & cameras?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SteelesHouse wrote:

Is there an option to buy more sensors & cameras?

Apparently not at this time:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Protect/buying-extra-cameras/td-p/4306501 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Jonnyp123gg This message was authored by: Jonnyp123gg

Anyone had any issues with the doorbell losing signal as soon as you leave the room next to router?As soon as I connect to front door signal disappears.Got my second doorbell yesterday and still got problems.Sky are helping though just waiting for a reply today

This message was authored by Bandit1transam This message was authored by: Bandit1transam

How and where did you get the update

This message was authored by Phoenix5years This message was authored by: Phoenix5years

I Have a new door bell that I cannot sync. Chime all synced and connected. However when holding the sync button on the back of the doorbell it stays yellow and does not go into sync mode. can anyone help?

This message was authored by Jasonw1984 This message was authored by: Jasonw1984

I got everything synced but it was just a load of rubbish so it back

This message was authored by Willowwop This message was authored by: Willowwop

We are having EXACTLY the same problem. We are now on our second chime and doorbell. No improvement!!! EXACTLY the same problem it won't sync! Absolutely fed up! What a joke!  This isn't a one off issue as clearly loads of people are having exactly the same problem. 

This message was authored by Bakermum92 This message was authored by: Bakermum92

I have had the same issue with my equipment not working, I've reset the Internet hub, the chime, the bell, left unplugged for ten mins, uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone, tried a different device for the app and nothing works. It's unsufferable. 

Nothing straight forward about this process! 

This message was authored by RS This message was authored by: RS

I've had exactly the same problem, installed the indoor camera no problem but the doorbell and chime are just not syncing! Reset as recommended and followed troubleshooting advice and still not connecting, now waiting on a reply from email sent to sky for help. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion