Discussion topic: New iphone15 all working except phone

This message was authored by Thesla101 This message was authored by: Thesla101

New iphone15 all working except phone

I got my new iPhone15 Sunday. Got everything transferred from my iphone13 all ok. However, it won't make or receive phone calls. When I try to make a call in contacts, it shows under the name Downtime Contact. I spent ages online with apple support yesterday and we tried loads of different things. In the end the person said I had no Cellular network. I've looked at other answers this morning and found one that said resend network settings. I've done that and the phone still isn't working. Any ideas please as I really need to use the phone. Many thanks

Best Answers
Thesla101
Topic Author
This message was authored by Thesla101 This message was authored by: Thesla101 Answer

Re: New iphone15 all working except phone

Hi Virginia

finally got it sorted out after ringing Sky customer services. I had put the wrong sim into the phone! They sent a new one but I activated the old one but had swapped them over somehow. But thank you for your comments

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Did you move the SIM from the old phone to new phone?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Have you tried sending the Sky settings to the phone via your account?
Have you inserted the sim into the new phone?

Is Sky showing as your service provider (or another service provider is your mobile contract isn't from sky)?

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
Thesla101
Topic Author
This message was authored by Thesla101 This message was authored by: Thesla101 Answer

Hi Virginia

finally got it sorted out after ringing Sky customer services. I had put the wrong sim into the phone! They sent a new one but I activated the old one but had swapped them over somehow. But thank you for your comments

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Glad to hear it was an easy fix in the end.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion