Discussion topic: error message PFE9009, YOU NEED THE RELEVANT SUBSCRIPTION. I have the correct subscription for skygo

This message was authored by jmwright This message was authored by: jmwright

error message PFE9009, YOU NEED THE RELEVANT SUBSCRIPTION. I have the correct subscription for skygo

I am trying to watch sky go on my macbook pro, using OS10.12.6  It was working perfectly until last week, now I cannot watch anything, it keeps showing the error message: You need the relevant subscription. Error code PFE9009. I have the correct subscription, so this is utter nonsense!

I have followed the sky help suggestion, deleted the app, removed it from the cache etc, reinstalled, I still get the same message. Highly irritating. Could anyone help please and give some idea of how to get it working and/or why this is happening? Thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by waltwa2006 This message was authored by: waltwa2006 Answer

Re: error message PFE9009, YOU NEED THE RELEVANT SUBSCRIPTION. I have the correct subscription for s

I was just about to uninstall the app. But then decided to run as administrator and lo and behold it works. I can now view the live channels without any errors.

@jmwright 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: error message PFE9009, YOU NEED THE RELEVANT SUBSCRIPTION. I have the correct subscription for s

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jmwright 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: error message PFE9009, YOU NEED THE RELEVANT SUBSCRIPTION. I have the correct subscription fo...

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

jmwright
Topic Author

Thank you for escalating this. However the sky "expert' seems to think that i have to use my email every time I open the app once it is downloaded to Launchpad on my Macbook pro. That is not inviting a lot of confidence of the "expert" being very expert......He didn't even know what Launchpad was on a mac.. I've also put on there my mac model and operating system 3 times, he's just asked for it again. Slightly worrying.....

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

jmwright
Topic Author

Hi

It was left open as I had spoken with Sky Tech help over the phone. They seemed to think there was an issue with the app itself and were trying to fix it. So far, it has not worked, they did say it might take a few days. So the update is, no change, still getting the same error message

jmwright
Topic Author

I am still waiting for this to be resolved. Still getting the same error message. I did communicate with Sky through this and they said they would come back to me. Then i receive the message saying it is closed. I also spoke on the phone with Sky regariding this problem with the app, whcih they recognized was their ena, not with my laptop. Still has not been resolved, I'm still getting the same error message. I havent watched Sky on my laptop for 6 weeks now. Rubbish. Funnily enough still apying the bill for it though.

9009 is an error code that while doesn't get reported much on here has been around for quite a while now, I notice is your opening post you said this:

@jmwright wrote:

I have followed the sky help suggestion, deleted the app, removed it from the cache etc,

What do you mean by removed it from cache, have you deleted the hidde files and folders the app uses:

'C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming (ensure hidden files/folders are visible) and delete the following folders:

Sky
Sky Go

And if it is present the Cisco and/or Synamedia folder in App\Data\LocalLow.
Empty your recycle bin.

Reboot your PC and then download and install the Sky Go app again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
jmwright
Topic Author

caesaromeThank you for this. I am however on a macbook pro, so I don't know if those filenames will be the same. Still getting the same error message 8 weeks on. When i called sky and spoke to tech help they said it was a glitch with the app on their end and they would fix it, that was several weeks ago, so still no Sky on my laptop. Works fine on the mobile, but I prefer to watch on my laptop, I can actually see that!

For a mac try this:

Delete the Sky Go app.
Launch Finder, select Downloads then delete ‘SkyGoInstaller’.
Launch Finder again, select Go (at the top of the screen), then Computer.
Select Macintosh HD.
Go to Users > [yourusername] > Applications then delete the Sky Go app.
Then go to Library by Open Finder.
Click "Go" on the menu bar.
Press and hold the “option/alt” key.
Click the "Library" shortcut which appears.
Then navigate to the relevant folders (Application Support, Caches or Preference) and delete all SkyGo folders and files referencing Cisco player
Reboot your Mac and then download and install the Sky Go app again.

This message was authored by paulcarr This message was authored by: paulcarr

To be honest we should have to put up with a shoddy application the previous one used sliver light and it was flawless pfe 9009 NEEDS fixing as iam seriously considering dropping my sky package as its £44 and I can't use what I pay for I think this is a job  trading standards falsly selling something for a profit knowing its buggy is illegal in the United Kingdom.

The solution I use which takes 10mins is use revo uninstall free to remove this app and reinstall by that time any programme worth watching is half over. Fix this bloody app or face a trading standard investigation. 

This message was authored by hackneylass This message was authored by: hackneylass

Good Evening

I am now having the same issue. 

This message was authored by waltwa2006 This message was authored by: waltwa2006

Hi I am having the exact same issue with the SY go appon my windows laptop. Code pfe 9009.

@jmwright 

This message was authored by waltwa2006 This message was authored by: waltwa2006 Answer

I was just about to uninstall the app. But then decided to run as administrator and lo and behold it works. I can now view the live channels without any errors.

@jmwright 

This message was authored by Edd+the+boring This message was authored by: Edd+the+boring

THANK YOU

run as administrator worked for me on Windows 10 as well

not a great advert for the app

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion