Discussion topic: Why is Sky Go not HD on PS5

This message was authored by JamesMartin1 This message was authored by: JamesMartin1

Why is Sky Go not HD on PS5

Why is Sky Go stuck in 2015 in 720p. I find it absolutely insane that I pay for Sky Q and have my ps5 in another room and watching the football yesterday was absolutely horrific quality. We have the UHD package as well. 

Sky really need to sort this out. Contract is due for renewal soon and if this is the quality that I can get through a PS5, then I'll be reconsidering. 

Has anyone else come across this recently. I saw it was an issue over a year ago, but still, 720p is awful viewing. 

Any support would be welcome.

Thank you. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Why is Sky Go not HD on PS5

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You do realise 720p is HD just not full HD 🙂 This is a Sky Go feature and not just PS5 I have the same on my Xbox Series X

JamesMartin1
Topic Author
This message was authored by JamesMartin1 This message was authored by: JamesMartin1

Okay, well budget HD and still, same problem, it's 2024, virrually everything is  between 1080p and 4K so I don't see why Sky are limiting it to 720p?

From checking other posts, this has been the same for the last few years and all they have done is update the UI. 

Is at least 1080p something that will be coming for users soon? We all have to pay subscriptions to be able to watch Sky Go on other devices. 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JamesMartin1 wrote:

Okay, well budget HD and still, same problem, it's 2024, virrually everything is  between 1080p and 4K so I don't see why Sky are limiting it to 720p?

From checking other posts, this has been the same for the last few years and all they have done is update the UI. 

Is at least 1080p something that will be coming for users soon? We all have to pay subscriptions to be able to watch Sky Go on other devices. 

Not ALL as we and many others got Sky Go Extra free as a VIP benefit

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion