Discussion topic: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record reques

This message was authored by Dinkydoo53 This message was authored by: Dinkydoo53

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Hi 

I'm having the same message using an iPhone and I'm in Nottingham, saying record request not sent. Tried deleting and re downloading app, and also re setting sky box but none of these have worked? 

This message was authored by ATF001 This message was authored by: ATF001

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Seems that the problem is spreading. I started seeing this yesterday in Berkshire. 

When I try to record in the old Sky+ app, I get a message "Your region setting is incorrect".

This message was authored by DaffodilDai This message was authored by: DaffodilDai

Hi @Clareridds,

Thank you for your feedback and telling us that the exact cause of the problem is has been identified ...  at long last, however, this problem has been going on for far too long (imho), and is extremely inconvenient for a lot of people living in Wales.

I appreciate that there are probably loads of other issues that also need fixing by the SKY team .... but judging from the number of posts in this thread and the time scales, I wondered if you could give us some idea of when the issue will be resolved?

Whilst I'm sure everybody in this discussion thread would like to join with me in wishing you well on your last day before maternity leave and the forthcoming birth, it would be most helpful if you could supply us with the name of the person taking over responsibility for this issue whilst you are away. From past experience, issues tend to drift if no one person in a company has responsibility for chasing the technical team and resolving an issue. 

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @DaffodilDai, thanks for your note. It's still being looked at and the team are aware it's really frustrating for everyone, so we do really appreciate your patience. 

The person handling the issue going forward will be in touch on this thread once we have a response from the correct team, and unfortunetlty I can't give an exact date or timeline of when it'll be fixed. 

Thanks. 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Maagieneedshelp This message was authored by: Maagieneedshelp

Just joining in to comment that this problem is now also in Lancashire. I have been having the same  message since the beginning of this week

This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

Thanks for this. It's interesting that the issue appears to be becoming more widespread across the UK. This might add some impetus to get Sky to resolve it more quickly. Let's hope so.....

This message was authored by MClapham This message was authored by: MClapham

Same issue still. I'm in Wales and on App version 23.6.0 on a Pixel 5. Unacceptable as I've not been able to record from my phone since Sky+ app got discontinued.

When will this be resolved?

This message was authored by tristanslj87 This message was authored by: tristanslj87

I am in Wales and have had this issue - I am furious that I was told by your tech support team I need to subscribe to multiroom to get it to work (which was incorrect) and it has not fixed the issue, but you are also refusing to return me to a rolling contract for the sport channels. As this thread shows it is clearly a known fault, your customer services forcing users into 18 month upgrades is basically a scam. 

This message was authored by chriskoi1 This message was authored by: chriskoi1

Any update on resolving this issue as still happening today?

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

I wanted to reach out and let you know this continues to be investigated and as soon as I receive more information I will update this thread. 

Thank you.

Kirsty

Community Manager
This message was authored by MarkJJackson This message was authored by: MarkJJackson

I am in Wales - on the border with England - and when I got the error message yesterday, I emailed the Sky Apps team and they were completely unaware of it.😱.  This community post is the only place Sky acknowledges that it is happening.  I wonder why it is so hard to fix and why it started happening in the first place.

This message was authored by DaffodilDai This message was authored by: DaffodilDai

Hi @MarkJJackson,

Really sorry you're experiencing the same old problem that we've been having in Wales for some time now.. Perhaps Kirsty from SKY might be able to answer your question and give us an update at the same time? She's apparently the SKY Community Moderator  who's following up on this problem on our behalf now. 

This message was authored by david2273 This message was authored by: david2273

Exactly same issue here in South East Wales. Everytime I try to remote record via the SkyGo App, it gives an error saying "Error- Remote Record Not Sent"

Using SKY Q & SkyGo App ver 23.6.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S21 with Android ver 13

This message was authored by Andycardiff This message was authored by: Andycardiff

Remote record not working - just says ‘request not sent’

Others seemed to have this issue a couple of months back and not sure if it was resolved.  It used to work but now just an unhelpful error message that says 'something went wrong' - I don't know what the 'something' is

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Remote record not working - just says ‘request not sent’

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andycardiff 

I have moved  your post to the current discussion on this where you can see if you go back up the page that Sky are still investigating this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion