Discussion topic: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record reques

This message was authored by JamSpring This message was authored by: JamSpring

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Not fixed for me - I've just tried this morning, both on my iPhone/iPad and also my Windows10 PC - and all still failing to remote record for me with the same errors; "sorry something went wrong. Record request not sent “.

This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Not fixed for me either. Also Sky Go app not been updated. 

This message was authored by Si+sky This message was authored by: Si+sky

Still not working for me iOS 16.6 and app version: 23.5.1

This message was authored by oggy812 This message was authored by: oggy812

Not working for me either.  Newport, South Wales. 

Hi @Clareridds,

Thank you for your investigations into this issue and confirming this is now - and finally - a recognised problem by Sky, for some of their customers based in Wales. 

However - 17 days after your post, we have heard nothing more, either from Platform Control or anyone else from Sky?

Communication is key, out of courtesy and common decency, even if no progress has been made - otherwise we could end up thinking that your affected customers in Wales aren't worth Sky's time and effort to resolve this problem?

As things stand, unless you can let us know otherwise - is Wales is the only country that are having this Platform Control fault?

Someone in Sky should take ownership for this fault and take it upon themselves to communicate with their paying Wales customers accordingly.

This message was authored by Gibbo65 This message was authored by: Gibbo65

I'm getting the same problem - The Android Tablet & Pixel phone. Live in Wales but tried to record remotely from north England & Birmingham & Time same message. 

This message was authored by OscarG This message was authored by: OscarG

I've only just noticed this issue. I'm from Newport, Wales. One thing to add is it doesn't happen on WiFi in the house. Obviously that isn't much help as I can simply record as normal on box when in house but thought I'd test it anyway. No idea of it'd work on someone else's WiFi but does on mine. I was out and about this afternoon and it wouldn't send a record request using mobile data (I'm with Sky mobile). Obviously deleted cache, reinstalled app etc like everyone else I imagine. Seems it's been an issue for a while looking at start date of this thread 

Hi @OscarG ,

Interesting it works fine for you at home, but not when away. I've had the remote record issues even when home on the same wifi/network as my SkyQ box,. I have just tried to remote record again this morning from home, but get the same error message, so remote record still not working in any capacity for me. Not sure if different Sky accounts whose addresses are based in Wales are all affected in the same way.

I get SkyGO Extra Remote Recording via SkyVIP and other customers via Sky Multi-Room – but have no idea if this has any bearing on the cause of the problem.

JamSpring

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hello all,

This issue has been discussed with the relevent department looking into it and it's still an ongoing issue. The right teams are working hard to fix it having replicated it themselves and as soon as we have a response I'll be able to share this here with you.

To note, my last working day before I go on maernity leave is Friday 4th Aug and another member of the Community team will take over this board.

Many thanks for your patience and we apologise again it's taking some time to fix.

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi again,

The team have confirmed they have identified the problem which specifically relates to Welsh postcodes when attempting to record and the request not recognising these postcodes, hence the fail. 

They are working on the fix and to understand why it's happened and we'll be updated as soon as a solution has been found and implemented. 

Thanks.

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Hi @Clareridds,

Great news the exact cause of the problem is has been identified - I suspected it might be down to postcodes and mentioned it on page 1 (25 Jun 2023 02:07 PM) of  this discussion.

Thank you for pursuing this - very positive and hopeful the resolution is now not far away. 

Regards

JamSpring

This message was authored by Welshbigdave This message was authored by: Welshbigdave

I need an answer to this too. I'm in Cardiff. 

This message was authored by Bailey4454 This message was authored by: Bailey4454

Unable to send record request from iPhone to sky box since we lost internet connection two days ago Internet came back on after a few hours but still unable to record Tyne & Wear 

This message was authored by oscar1901 This message was authored by: oscar1901

I have the same problem, but I live in North Devon not Wales.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

When trying remote record I get a message saying "something went wrong"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion