Discussion topic: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record reques

This message was authored by Sprog69 This message was authored by: Sprog69

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Same issue when trying via pc on the sky guide web page yesterday, it just says error...cant even view the guide on mobile tablet device!If it is Wales account issue then it needs sorting quickly, could be seen as discrimination for us accross the Severn Bridge!

This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

I decided to try Twitter for this as that sometimes gets an answer. But not on this occasion. This is the reply:

"Sorry to read this. I know from experience where this can be resolved it is being escalated to our support teams to investigate and resolve. They'll usually release an app update when the issue is resolved. I am sorry there isn't more we can do at the moment, please do keep an eye out for any app updates in the future."

Not sure the second sentence makes much sense. Nor does the rest of it really. If it's to do with where the tv subscription is based (Wales) but the app works perfectly for the rest of the UK I fail to see how  an app update would help. And if it would why are Sky taking so long to fix. This facility is part of the package we're all paying for here in Wales so I really would expect it to be fixed by now. Not impressed.

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hello all,

I'm really sorry you're having these issues and I've shared them with the Product Lead for Sky Go Apps with the below reply this morning. Once we have a further update I'll share it in this thread.

Thank you. 

When this was initially investigated, the team were unable to reproduce it but yesterday they were receiving the same issue with remote record failing in all Sky Go apps and on the TV guide on sky.com. Our testing team reached out to Platform Control yesterday and also made them aware of the issue. 

We believe that this is not a Sky Go issue but a remote record issue impacting other services such as the TV guide on sky.com. I just wanted to let you know that this issue has been escalated to the relevant teams to investigate and resolve.

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by LRocky This message was authored by: LRocky

Same issue and I live in North Wales. Please fix this problem Sky!

This message was authored by Aberboy This message was authored by: Aberboy

I live in Cardiff and have the same problem - come on Sky  sort this problem

This message was authored by cmoors This message was authored by: cmoors

I also have this issue. Is there a fix?

This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

Are you in Wales?

This message was authored by cmoors This message was authored by: cmoors

Yeah, North Wales.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cmoors 

As you can see just up the page Sky are aware of this issues with Wales based customers and are investigating.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by eurostar606 This message was authored by: eurostar606

Unable to record from SkyGo. I have HD Box not SkyQ

Sky+App not working now. I am unable to record programmes from my SkyGo. Get a message about unable to send message to HD Sky Box. So I am unable to record programmes when away from home. Please advise.

Re: Unable to record from SkyGo. I have HD Box not SkyQ

@eurostar606 wrote:
Sky+App not working now. I am unable to record programmes from my SkyGo. 

If it is Sky Go you are using what is happening when you try to set a recording and do you live in Wales ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by eurostar606 This message was authored by: eurostar606

Yes I do live in Wales. A message appears that it's unable to send request to Sky box

@eurostar606 

There is a known ongoing issue with remote requests if you are in Wales, so I have moved your posts to the topic at hand about this where if you go further back up the page you will see that Sky are investigating as the online TV Guide is also playing up for Wales based people.

This message was authored by alunwill71 This message was authored by: alunwill71

I think the app has been updated and it appears to be working now 

This message was authored by Sammythedog This message was authored by: Sammythedog

Just tried it now but still not working for me ☹️

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion