Discussion topic: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record reques

This message was authored by grancha1 This message was authored by: grancha1

When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record reques

When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record request not sent “
 This function used to work fine but has not worked for last 4 weeks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thank you for letting us know you’re having an issue downloading content from Sky Go to a Set Top Box. We are currently investigating an error that we believe could be impacting some customers in ROI and Scotland and from channels RTE, Virgin, TG4 and STV. Depending on the device you are using, you may experience these error messages:

iOS and Android error: "Sorry, something went wrong. Download request not sent, please try again".

Desktop (PC / Mac) error: "Remote Download Failed. Something went wrong, try restarting the app. If you're still having trouble, please contact our customer service team for help and quote the error code below to get things going again. Code: RD-0" 

If you are one of these customers affected, please could you private message me with the following information as this will aid our tech teams in finding and implementing a fix:

• Your Sky Account number (Please send in increments of 3 such as 622-XXX-XXX-XXX)
  • The exact error message when attempting to remote record or download?
  • What channels are you trying to remote record or download?
  • Any examples of programme name / episodes that are showing this error?

I'm marking this comment as the answer to the thread so more people can see it.

Thank you!

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by JamSpring This message was authored by: JamSpring

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Hi @grancha1 ,

I'm having exactly the same problem, which as you say, happened very recently - Sky have offered little help in getting to the cause of this issue. I updated my thread a couple of days ago;Sorry, something went wrong. Record request not sent.

Sky have not been able to resolve the issue or even identify the cause of the "Sorry, something went wrong. Record request not sent".

I don't know if is an issue with my SkyQ box, my SkyQ card - the pairing of my SkyQ card to my SkyQ card - or the region I live in - which is Wales. Out of interest do you live in England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales?

I think more customers are being affected by this issue, so hopefully Sky will put a bit more effort into resolving it.

James

grancha1
Topic Author

Hi Jamspring

I am also from Wales.  My daughter tried to set up a recording for me from her iPhone and had the same result.

Hi @grancha1 ,

Ah ok, Wales too - this could well be regional problem - I'll update my thread accordingly.

James

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@grancha1 

Send an email to the apps team to let them know - apps@sky.com

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by JEV This message was authored by: JEV

Exactly the same problem. Uninstalled app. Rebooted and reinitnitaed sky Go in settings but still the same problem. Also based in Cardiff but can't see why that would be an issue? Used to work perfectly but stopped now and no way to fix it yourself. 

grancha1
Topic Author

I have been told by Sky, that it is now necessary to have Multiroom to be able to use this facility.  I'm not going to pay another £7.50 to be able to use Sky Go .

This message was authored by JEV This message was authored by: JEV

I have multi room and it's still not working. 

I have SkyGo Extra which should also allow me to remote record not just from home using the same wifi/network as my SkyQ box, but remote record from anywhrere.

SkyGo Extra ;"Sky Q only: Out and about? No need to worry about missing your favourite shows, just set your box to record or download them to watch later."

But SkyGo Extra doesn't allow me to remote record either - even from home.

If Sky spent as much time investigating the problem, rather than blaming their customers - the problem would probably be resolved for us now.

Also, so far, as far as I can tell - all the customers being affected are from Wales? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@grancha1 wrote:

I have been told by Sky, that it is now necessary to have Multiroom

@grancha1 

You have been told wrong, as you do not need multiroom to set a remote recording.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Si+sky This message was authored by: Si+sky

Hi there,

exactly the same for me and I'm in north wales. Interestingly if I log in to my mum's account in the app and try to remote record to her box in Sussex, it sends the request fine. Had an engineer out the other week and we tried everything, replaced the sky q box, tried another router, tried his iPad logged in as me. We turned off connect to sky q box over wifi in the app, we tried two send record requests over 4g rather than wifi. 
as others have said, and the engineer confirme, you don't need a multiroom subscription to send record requests to the box, only to view recordings from the box. 
the engineer tried to send record requests to his personal box at home and these failed. He also phoned another engineer and when they tried the record requests also failed for him.

the engineer contacted TAPS which is the engineer internal support for the app and they couldn't figure out the problem. 
We also wondered if it was to do with some of the Apple privacy settings to hide your ip, so turned all of those off but it still didn't resolve the issue. 
there's definitely quite a lot of folk affected. I guess we're going to have to wait for an app update and hope that fixes it. 
anyone had any luck resolving this yet?

cheers,

simon. 

This message was authored by DaffodilDai This message was authored by: DaffodilDai

Just to let you know I live in West Wales .... and I too am having the same problem of recording remotely. It's such a nuisance as I have always found it a really useful feature. I hope SKY fixes the problem sooner rather than later! . 

Hi @Si+sky 

Given the extensive testing you've done, incuding having an engineer out to change your SkyQ box, which didn't fix it - and by proving if you use your SkyGo whilst logged into your mum account in Sussex you were able to remote record fine via SkyGo - but not if you use SkyGo to remote record to your SkyQ box based in Wales.

SkyGo Extra doesn't allow me to remote record from the Widows10 App either, so not isolated to Apple devices.

It's still not working for me, standing in the same room as my SkyQ box, with my devices/SkyQ and SkyGO Extra on the same network. I've emailed SkyApps - for the 3rd time - but the last 2 times I was in contact with them, they said it wasn't a known problem, so may never be fixed.

Whilst I'm waiting for a reply from SkyApps, I've tried everything and today, I did a factory reset/delete everything of my SkyQ box - but didn't fix the problem, still getting; "Sorry, something went wrong. Record request not sent" - surely this message should be enough to help Sky identify the problem. I'm more than happy to work with Sky to help identify/resolve the issue, but Sky need to keep an open mind and it could be a confiq issue their side and not the customers - which is generally where their finger points.

Does this mean the problem lies on our Sky account info somewhere and how SkyGo Extra is activated for us by Sky on our SkyQ boxes - my suspician is might be something to do with postcodes and the regions being out of sync between SkyQ and SkyGo. 

James

This message was authored by Sammythedog This message was authored by: Sammythedog

I'm another Wales customer being affected by the same issue, I also think it's a postcode issue as I'm on the mid Wales border with England so I struggle to see how sky could tell the difference geographically as to wether I get the sky go app remote record facility or not. Come on sky, pull your finger out and get this sorted.

This message was authored by Stocky69 This message was authored by: Stocky69

I'm having the same issue. Live in Wales but tried to record a programme from Sky Go when in the Midlands recently. Tried again when at home and on the same network. Still no luck.....grrrrr

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion