Discussion topic: Skygo on windows11

This message was authored by Edward+Stuart This message was authored by: Edward+Stuart

Skygo on windows11

I have a windows 11 PC, I have tried to re-install sky go multiple times using all the suggested methods but still get the program opening briefly after update then closing.  Skygo did work a few months ago but now it doesn't can anyone suggest a fix that works?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Re: Skygo on windows11

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with Edward+Stuart we went through some troubleshooting steps and we were able to resolve the issue by running the compatibility troubleshooter for Sky Go (Right-Click App>Properties>Compatibility) and then using the recommend settings.

It was great speaking with you Edward+Stuart and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with Edward+Stuart we went through some troubleshooting steps and we were able to resolve the issue by running the compatibility troubleshooter for Sky Go (Right-Click App>Properties>Compatibility) and then using the recommend settings.

It was great speaking with you Edward+Stuart and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom
Edward+Stuart
Topic Author
This message was authored by Edward+Stuart This message was authored by: Edward+Stuart

Great tip from @Tom-W19 if sky go will not install on Windows 11 PC after following online trouble shooting. Use the right click function on the desktop app go to properties and follow the compatibility test, worked for me when nothing else did

This message was authored by Jennifer+tony This message was authored by: Jennifer+tony

Thanks, been try for a year to get sky go and it worked 😊😊

This message was authored by cgcapel This message was authored by: cgcapel

I could not get that to work, but this did, although it is a pain: uninstall skygo app, reinstall beta version, login and hope for the best! You will have to do this every time, but sometimes it works twice. Roger

This message was authored by Petesmit This message was authored by: Petesmit

Reply from Sky Chat last few days my Sky Go stopped working after clean install of Windows 11 on a new SSD....worked fine previously

I'm really sorry you've been having issues with the Sky Go on your PC. Having checked your account and our faults page, It is something that we are aware of and support teams are investigating this issue.

I can see you have tried most things to resolve, but currently our only suggested work arounds are as followed

1: Restarting the app (this could take several attempts)

2: Closing down other applications that are currently open, then attempt to open Sky Go

3: Shutting down the device (not restart) and turning it back on, then retrying Sky Go

4: Try opening the app when connected to a different broadband connection (at work / home / mobile tethering)

If none of these options work then unfortunately we will just have to wait for a fix to be in place and currently we do not have an estimated date as to when this will be, but the resolution is being worked on.

This message was authored by SkyStream This message was authored by: SkyStream

SkyGo works perfectly on my MacMini.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work on my Windows 11 laptop.

So annoyed!

This message was authored by SkyStream This message was authored by: SkyStream

Just a little update.

I read in another post about trying the SkyGo Beta app for Windows.

SkyGo_beta_22.10.2_gb_production.exe was offered as the latested download.

After a couple of forced updates to version 23.6.2 after opening the app for the first time it worked.

Fingers crossed it doesn't break with future updates.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion