Discussion topic: Subtitles (or lack of) on UHD programmes

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: UHD Subtitles

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Daniel+Baker 

Your post has been moved into a thread already discussing this topic. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Daniel+Baker This message was authored by: Daniel+Baker

Thanks, I did do a search beforehand but returned that I was first to mention the issue - clearly not!

This message was authored by AWHARR This message was authored by: AWHARR

@Daniel0210 

It would be more helpful if you included a link to that thread... can you?

Thank-you.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@AWHARR wrote:

It would be more helpful if you included a link to that thread... can you?

The one you're posting in now.

Re: Subtitles (or lack of) on UHD programmes

@KevNewMedia 

The Sky platform still falls way short of access to both subtitles on UHD channels as well as any subtitles at all for Catchup and download programmes other than BBC or Sky.

I don't believe it is helpful to state the thread as "Answered" until you provide a fully accessible service. Stating what you intend to do is often quite different from what happens in reality.

Has Sky even considered that not providing subtitles on Catchup and downloadable programmes kills the desire for deaf customers to move to Sky Glass given you cannot record anything (Sky Q records subtitles).

Answered threads should be reserved for threads where the solution is a full fix and can be archived.

@Mark39 You said you moved this thread elsewhere? My question is where?

Admittedly I am not a big user of this platform so I apologise if I am missing something.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@AWHARR wrote:

@Mark39 You said you moved this thread elsewhere? My question is where?

Here! Daniel+Baker's originally posted in a new thread. The post was simply added to this thread because it discussed the same subject.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@AWHARR 

moved the post into this thread as it already discusses the issue raised by @Daniel+Baker so there's no need for another thread which will just create repeat replies.

@AWHARR wrote:

@KevNewMedia 

I don't believe it is helpful to state the thread as "Answered" until you provide a fully accessible service. Stating what you intend to do is often quite different from what happens in reality.

Answered threads should be reserved for threads where the solution is a full fix and can be archived.

You've already asked this in post 92 and it has been explained why it's been marked as such. 

Sky customer since 2001

@Daniel0210 ok but I wanted the Sky employee who provided the answer to see it directly hence tagged him especially as the answer was written last year.

@AWHARR 

You also tagged the same staff member on 5 March (post 92). I'm sure as and when an update is available the post currently marked as the answer will be amended. 

Sky customer since 2001

@Daniel0210 ..... and guess what,  I nor anyone else in the deaf community who depend on subtitles still haven't received any response or update from Sky.

Don't ask, don't get...

Ask.... still don't get 🙄

And before you reply with "there's no  update then" ... if that's the case then what have Sky been doing to retify this issue for the last year ... last decade even. Does the Equality Act 2010 count for nothing?

This message was authored by EFCCJ This message was authored by: EFCCJ

I fully agree with the last poster. This problem should have been solved a long time ago.

Sky have now started to introduce subtitles to their UHD content. I watched the Bricklayer with subtitles yesterday  and I've noticed the Barbie film has subtitles in UHD. Hopefully, more films will have subtitles over the coming weeks.

Sorry, I meant The Flash had subtitles in UHD not the Bricklayer. 

This message was authored by WestLondonerSW5 This message was authored by: WestLondonerSW5

@EFCCJ wrote:

Sky have now started to introduce subtitles to their UHD content. I watched the Bricklayer with subtitles yesterday  and I've noticed the Barbie film has subtitles in UHD. Hopefully, more films will have subtitles over the coming weeks.

Literally ran to check this! FINALLY!!

Hopefully they will get some interns to integrate the subtitle files in all available content, and ensure all future UHD releases will have them.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion