Discussion topic: Sky (yahoo) email no longer working on outlook app (android).

This message was authored by DMacl This message was authored by: DMacl

Sky (yahoo) email no longer working on outlook app (android).

Possibly linked to password reset or phone software update. Tried a few thing including deleting account but still get  'An error has occurred during authentication'.

Same happens if I try to use Gmail and others on phone and laptops so I can only access email via sky website.

I've tried generating an app password but the app flashes up the error as soon as I put email address in.

Any straightforward suggestions?.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky (yahoo) email no longer working on outlook app (android).

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DMacl wrote:

Is the imap and smtp password the 16 digit one from sky? And are the imap and smtp usernames set or do I make them up?

Yes to the password and your username will be your complete Sky email address so include the @sky.com part.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@DMacl wrote:

Possibly linked to password reset or phone software update. Tried a few thing including deleting account but still get  'An error has occurred during authentication'.

When you set the email account up did you select Other as the provider, if not try that then use these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.tools.sky.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.tools.sky.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

Then use the 16 digit password, do the same with Gmail as well as any other apps you use.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
DMacl
Topic Author

Gmail now working  which is great however outlook is my preferred app as I have three other emails all linked. 

When using the method above I went through  add email which went to a yahoo sign in page, Clicked not yahoo  Clicked change account provider  Clicked imap  Copied info above. Is the imap and smtp password the 16 digit one from sky? And are the imap and smtp usernames set or do I make them up?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@DMacl wrote:

Is the imap and smtp password the 16 digit one from sky? And are the imap and smtp usernames set or do I make them up?

Yes to the password and your username will be your complete Sky email address so include the @sky.com part.

DMacl
Topic Author

Perfect. All up and running now. Thank you.

This message was authored by crlbarnes This message was authored by: crlbarnes

I've been driven to my wit's end as well on this. Trying to re-establish Sky Email back on Outlook, I've tried the 'Not Yahoo?' route, and I continually get a 'log-in error' on my S22 Ultra. I've tried the Sky password, the 16-digit password, no luck on either. As others have said, my desktop version of Outlook (the one Sky doesn't recommend), works fine. If my Gmail accounts weren't such a mess, I'd use the Gmail app😆 

@crlbarnes wrote:

I've tried the 'Not Yahoo?' route,

Do you mean you have tried selecting "Other" when setting it up ?

When I first tried to set it back up, it listed my email address as an Outlook address, I selected it, it seemed to take it, but then I noticed there were no emails coming through on it. So i tried the Yahoo route, and got the crashing out. I then tried the 'Not Yahoo?' button in the top right corner of the Yahoo email selection screen, and then selected the 'IMAP' button. I filled in the fields as others have, but it won't let me log in.

@crlbarnes wrote:

When I first tried to set it back up, it listed my email address as an Outlook address, I selected it, it seemed to take it

I'm confused as to what you are trying to set up here as I presume it is your Sky email address that you are trying to setup and not an Outlook email account or have I got this wrong ?

I'm sorry I haven't been very clear. It's definitely a Sky email address that I'm trying to set back up. Outlook lists the Sky email address as an Outlook address if I try to go the simple route of trying to add the address via 'add new address'. The box next to it is ticked. if I remove that tick, it asks me to enter the email address I want to add, then takes me to the Yahoo sign-in screen (it has an envelope next to my email address, so it knows of it) the 'Not Yahoo' button is in in the top right hand corner. By the way, the Outlook confusion is to do with an alias that I set up years ago for MS teams.  Please ignore it😄

This message was authored by chris.11 This message was authored by: chris.11

Hi Am in much the same position as above if I log in to webmail its all good, if I try via outlook on my new phone it just says authentication error has occurred.

Have tried the 16 digit code doesn't work as soon as I enter the code it just rejects it before I even hit the log in button. The code emailed by Microsoft does the same.

@chris.11 

Have you tried setting it up via Outlook as "Not Yahoo" or "Other" then using these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.tools.sky.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.tools.sky.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

You will then need to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of your usual one, you can do that here:
https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

Hi, Not sure if it makes a difference but I am on outlook for android 13.

I have my gmail account connected in outlook and that works fine sky works fine on webmail but rejects password on outlook.

Just uninstalled and re installed outlook and tried putting my sky acc. on first useing the same name password as with webmail and get “an error occurred during authentication”.

I don't get the option of not yahoo this is the options I get, add account, next screen shows my sky email account ticked, press continue/ enter password that I use with webmail and I get “an error occurred during authentication”.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@chris.11 see @jayach's post in this thread for where to find the 'not yahoo' option: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Email/sky-login-settings-for-outlook-app/m-p/4238022#M92728

Hi. Tried the not yahoo route with the IMAP settings shown, same result “an error occurred during authentication”

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion