Discussion topic: Sky Yahoo Email Account

This message was authored by Julia028 This message was authored by: Julia028

Sky Yahoo Email Account

I have not been receiving emails on my Sky Yahoo email account since the 4 June 2022.  There is a triangle with an exclamation mark inside and when I click on this a box comes up saying Attention Required      Please update the password for this account. I changed the password on the Sky website and when I enter it in this Attention Required box, I get another message saying:

We couldn't access this account: Sky   You might need to update your password or give permission to sync to this device.

I am able to access my account using the Sky website and the new password works. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky Yahoo Email Account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All you should need to do is to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of the usual password it uses, you can you can generate the 16 digit password here:

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

All you should need to do is to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of the usual password it uses, you can you can generate the 16 digit password here:

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Julia028
Topic Author

Thank you the 16 letter password has worked and my emails are coming through now.  Do I need to keep this password for the future? 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

You'll need to leave the generated password in place (don't replace it with your normal Sky password) but there's no need to nake a note of it - if you need to re-enter it in the future, just generate a new one.

Julia028
Topic Author

I opened my mail page and put the 16 letter password into the Attention Required box and now my emais are coming in.  Thank you.

This message was authored by willow267 This message was authored by: willow267

Same happened to me. Followed your link, it worked on my android phone but not on my Windows laptop. I can access my emails by going into the Sky website but not on Microsoft Windows 

@willow267 wrote:

Same happened to me. Followed your link, it worked on my android phone but not on my Windows laptop. I can access my emails by going into the Sky website but not on Microsoft Windows 

Should work. What app/client are you using?

This message was authored by HowTo This message was authored by: HowTo

I've lost my sky yahoo email access on my Samsung mobile and tablet, using the Gmail app.
No problems with emails on my computer but with them they will not accept my login details, I just get error 404.
All my emails still held drop off at the end of May, since then no incoming ones. I tried removing the account and then adding it again, but still no joy. Any ideas please.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

With the Gmail app when collecting your Sky email you need to change the password on it to one that can be generated here:

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@caesarome wrote:

With the Gmail app when collecting your Sky email you need to change the password on it to one that can be generated here:

And select other not Yahoo when setting it up.

This message was authored by HowTo This message was authored by: HowTo

Thanks caesarome I can now view the emails. If I need to, in the future, will it now also accept my normal password?

@HowTo wrote:

Thanks caesarome I can now view the emails. If I need to, in the future, will it now also accept my normal password?

No. You'll always need to use a generated password. But you can generate a new one if you need to.

@HowTo wrote:

Via your current setup no the generated password has to be used but you can use your usual password if you want to access your emails via the Sky website at Sky.com

Julia028
Topic Author

All my sky yahoo emails are illegible on Windows 10. I can read these emails on my iPhone.  Is there a fix please so I can read them on my computer?

Thanks.

@Julia028 

Some more details are needed, how do you access your emails, do you go to the sky website or use a program like Outlook ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion