Discussion topic: How to remove a secondary email address

This message was authored by bodger69 This message was authored by: bodger69

How to remove a secondary email address

Before Yahoo took over Sky Emails, I set up two secondary email addresses for two clubs that I operated. I need to delete them now as the clubs are closed but I cannot find a way to do this.

Any help on this will be appreciated. Thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: How to remove a secondary email address

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There is a procedure which involves calling Sky but I'm not sure that everyone knows how to do it, the other way involves you not logging into the account for a number of months then it will be closed by Sky although they will tell you first that this will happen:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/inactive-sky-yahoo-mail-accounts

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

There is a procedure which involves calling Sky but I'm not sure that everyone knows how to do it, the other way involves you not logging into the account for a number of months then it will be closed by Sky although they will tell you first that this will happen:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/inactive-sky-yahoo-mail-accounts

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
bodger69
Topic Author

Thanks @caesarome

It used to be so easy. When I set it up it was just a case of log in to skyid account and add or delete secondary email addresses.

I haven't logged into those email accounts for a long time, but they do have 'out of office' messages active, so I wondered if that was keeping the accounts active.

At least now I know that I may have to contact sky direct and ask them to remove them.

Thanks for your advice.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@bodger69 wrote:

Thanks @caesarome

It used to be so easy. When I set it up it was just a case of log in to skyid account and add or delete secondary email addresses.

You have never been able to delete secondary email adresses via the primary account. That option only removes them as far as the Sky side goes. The email address  still exists, but becomes a guest account, not tied to a Sky account. 

jayach_0-1681921219530.png

bodger69
Topic Author

I'm sure that's what I did, but it was at least 20 years ago, maybe more. So much has changed since then.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion