Discussion topic: Browser update required for email

This message was authored by GBChesterson This message was authored by: GBChesterson

Browser update required for email

I have received an email to update asking me to update my browser setting for email from IE 8 as it is not supported from the 28th August. it is asking me to click on a link to update. is this a scam or genuine ?

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Browser update required for email

@GBChesterson 

IE8 is indeed out of date and you should update the browser by visiting a browser site like Microsoft or Chrome directly without folding links in email for safety.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GBChesterson  IE8 is an old browser and has been superseded by newer versions, you should be able to download a more up to date browser from microsoft's website https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Note Microsoft Edge is the latest browser, to update your browser use the official websites and not any links.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@GBChesterson 

Are you actually using I.E.8? It should have been replaced ages ago.

What OS (operating system) are you using?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@GBChesterson wrote:

it is asking me to click on a link to update. is this a scam or genuine ?

@GBChesterson 

It is possibly a scam email especially as it has a link in it that it would you to click through but the question has to be asked are you actually using IE 8 ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion