Discussion topic: WiFi max

This message was authored by ScallyDeejay This message was authored by: ScallyDeejay

WiFi max

hello. I have tried ordering sky gigafast and WiFi max, the gigafast shows available but it won't let me add WiFi max. When I phoned up they said it wasn't available in my area but I could have WiFi boost. 

it is the new router which I am after, how can this not be available in my area? 

has anybody else had any issues? 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: WiFi max

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ScallyDeejay 

Do you have sky q tv with one or more mini boxes?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ScallyDeejay wrote:

it is the new router which I am after, how can this not be available in my area? 

has anybody else had any issues? 

Yes, it's been posted before.  We think the issue isn't the geographic location, it's that an address lookup shows the property has Sky Q, and Max isn't yet compatible with Q Mini boxes.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@ScallyDeejay 

@TimmyBGood i still can't order either although i am on stream for over a month.

The issue has been addressed previously via back office by deleting everything sky q.  

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

ScallyDeejay
Topic Author
This message was authored by ScallyDeejay This message was authored by: ScallyDeejay

I had sky Q 2 years ago. Had steam since. How do I get it sorted? 

ScallyDeejay
Topic Author

Sorry was supposed to mean I'm on glass now. Used to be Q

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@ScallyDeejay you should be able to order over the phone.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@ScallyDeejay 

Apologies for late reply . We may be able to escalate this for you but it may be quicker to call sky

Basically you need to say that you think there are remnants of the sky q install on your account which is stopping you getting sky max. Ask if they can forward the case to the back office team to remove any remnants/artifacts of sky q from your account 👍

ScallyDeejay
Topic Author

After a 40 minute and a 15 minute call earlier they said they are sending a form off to another team and I should get a response within 5 days. 

should I go ahead and order my broadband now so that I get a go live date, and then add max later on? 

or should I hang fire to order in one go? I don't want to get an old router then a new one 

@ScallyDeejay 

Sky max is not the be all and end all yet..  so take out the package and decide later 👍

ScallyDeejay
Topic Author

It's getting a decent speed on WiFi I'm after. I'm getting 600mps wireless now with EE but my contracts up and not paying what they're offering. 

but I know the sky hub 4.2 black, will max out at 400mps won't it on WiFi? 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ScallyDeejay wrote:

but I know the sky hub 4.2 black, will max out at 400mps won't it on WiFi? 

Not necessarily, but it's 802.11ac rathythan 802.11ax

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@ScallyDeejay 

I just think sky max is still in early development and whilst the max hub is wifi 6 the pods are wifi 5. But then again no devices really demand the full 1Gbps.   If that is the case and you want that sort of speed you can buy wifi 6 routers as access points to blanket you house

ScallyDeejay
Topic Author

If I place an order today and get Max added before go live will I get the new router? 

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@ScallyDeejay If you really want the router that is new, order SKY Max, but you have been advised that it is not fully tried and tested at present, with a few issues...

And if you have AX (wifi 6 ) clients then that is the router that will support them.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion