Discussion topic: What info does Sky need before I book a home move? ie, new landline number for the new place?

This message was authored by Poopypants This message was authored by: Poopypants

What info does Sky need before I book a home move? ie, new landline number for the new place?

what info does Sky need before I book a home move and also whats the lead time?

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: What info does Sky need before I book a home move? ie, new landline number for the new place?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Poopypants  You may be able to book this online https://www.sky.com/moving-home

For broadband the lead time is a minimum of 10 working days, however dependant on what services are available at your new home this could be longer.  This link https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome  

will show what type of broadband sertvice is available on the Openreach network at your new home.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: What info does Sky need before I book a home move? ie, new landline number for the new place?

@Poopypants  You may be able to book this online https://www.sky.com/moving-home

For broadband the lead time is a minimum of 10 working days, however dependant on what services are available at your new home this could be longer.  This link https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome  

will show what type of broadband sertvice is available on the Openreach network at your new home.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Sparky4 This message was authored by: Sparky4

Ive been trying to book an apointment online for the last two weeks! The website just says sorry we cant book your move at the moment.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Sparky4 

In that case, if changing the browser doesn't help, give Sky a call. Just 150 from your Sky Talk landline. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Angielou5 This message was authored by: Angielou5

Home Move

I have tried to book a home move on line for a while now and i keep getting Sorry this is unavailable at the moment? Can somebody give me a number I can ring please!

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Home Move

@Angielou5  Just dial 150 on your landline and listen through the voice prompts.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Craigybroon This message was authored by: Craigybroon

I too have been trying to contact SKY about my house move and have experienced the same unhelpful message??

Did you find a contact number to speak to someone at SKY?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Craigybroon 
If you need to contact Sky, then if you already have a Sky Mobile or a Sky Talk landline call free by dialling 150, otherwise you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

You will find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you back to the forum. Stay on the line as long as possible and don’t hang up.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

We moved house using Sky's home move, gave a month's notice and everything was performed seamlessly, broadband was connected on time and a engineer turned up on the promised day to install a dish and setup the system.

I had no problems contacting Sky, just refused to give my mobile number and I got connected to a real person.

All in all a positive experience...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion