Discussion topic: Southwest London - No internet since Monday

This message was authored by Connacht This message was authored by: Connacht

Southwest London - No internet since Monday

Hey team,

I'm a happy Sky customer, but my internet stopped working since Monday. (Voice light is amber, internet is off). I've ran all the tests, including the Openreach ones; I escalated the problem on Monday but yesterday Sky informed it was solved, although it was not.

Later on the day, the attendant escalated the issue to the network team again. In other words, he asked me to wait.

It has been over two days now that I can't work from home. Is there anything else I can do besides waiting?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Southwest London - No internet since Monday

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Connacht  I'm afraid working from home does not give your connection any greater priority as you've reported the fault already you'll need to wait.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Connacht
Topic Author

I understand; I'm not asking for a priority, just sharing my frustration and asking if there are anything else I could try.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Connacht  If there is a fault, then nothing you can do will resolve especially if the fault is outside.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Connacht 
The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Connacht
Topic Author

Thank you @Daniel0210. I'm afraid I'll have to use it; I'm without broaband connection since Monday. Sky support has been very friendly, however, the issue persists and they were not able to provide me when its going to be fixed as it's still under their SLA : (!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion