Discussion topic: Sky broadband down for the second time this week!

This message was authored by Alex56 This message was authored by: Alex56

Sky broadband down for the second time this week!

My broadband hub is showing a red light on the phone section but my wifi isn’t working at all and the sky check is coming back as nothing is wrong 😩

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Re: Sky broadband down for the second time this week!

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Alex56 , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Alex56 , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by GCC28 This message was authored by: GCC28

I have this issue as well, initially phone light was red and now no light at all and internet light orange. 

All tests come back fine though. 

This message was authored by PaulKCMF This message was authored by: PaulKCMF

Our once stable 69Mbps ADSL connection is now dropping at least once daily sometimes twice and we are no longer guaranteed more than 54Mbps according to our status screen. Everytime I run the ADSL tester it takes that long to run twice (first time it notes we are not connected so says to run it again) that the line is synced again on the router.
Trying to get an engineer to check the external line is going nowhere as they want to check the main socket first (in our loft for some reason) and that means me being home. 
Thinks its time Sky sorted things out before we start looking at BT options.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PaulKCMF first point you do not have an ADSL connection if you had a 69Mb/s service you probably have a VDSL FTTC connection and that is not splitting hairs it is very different technology. If you post your hub's connection stats forum members should be able to tell you what is going on see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

Loss of speed is not considered a  fault by Openreach unless speeds drop below the guaranteed minimum for your line so it would help if you could include that in your post.  The connection test in the My Sky app will give that figure if you click through far enough.

Even if FTTC speeds drop below the guarantee we are increasingly seeing Sky having to offer to release customers from contract as Openreach decline to pay for substantial work on copper lines which are due to be replaced in a few years by full fibre. This is difficult for the customer as the problem will move with them to a new ISP if they use the same line.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion