Discussion topic: Sky Internet is absolutely abysmal

This message was authored by meganmac32 This message was authored by: meganmac32

Sky Internet is absolutely abysmal

Our internet is absolutely shocking. I experience lag spikes and ping when gaming anywhere between 300-1000. This typically happens when my parents are streaming or watching a film and I'm gaming, which is normal I guess to experience some delay, but not in 2023 when we're paying in excess of £60 a month for "super fast speeds". I even switched to an unlimited data contract with EE as the wifi wouldn't work if I was in my bedroom. It reminds me of the dial up days. We upgraded our package as we were only receiving 18MBPS on average, since upgrading the "maximum" we get is supposed to be 55MBPS but it's more like between 33-45. I know there is fibre optics in the area now, but we've been locked in to this contract. What I'm essentially asking is, is there a way we can leave? 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Internet is absolutely abysmal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@meganmac32 

If you post your Hub stats, we'll have some information about your particular phone line and internet connection to work with.

Note that it's speed arriving at the Hub which counts against the minimum speed guarantee, not speed test website results on a wireless device.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion