Discussion topic: Sky Status Check "connection not stable" - how do i fix! Airplay Issues as well!

This message was authored by MarkyGMan This message was authored by: MarkyGMan

Sky Status Check "connection not stable" - how do i fix! Airplay Issues as well!

Hi,

i've been having ongoing issues with Airplay 2 ever since going back to Sky (from BT) - which I had to do as I couldn't get the Sky App to stream from Q to an iPad or iPhone using a BT router!

So i'm doing some troubleshooting - The router event log is showing a WAN IPV6 UP message every 30 mins and I'm getting a "Lease renewed 3600 ip 94.0.101.111" aproximately every 24 - 26 mins - I think this is what the sky status checks webpage is detecting and reporting when i run the online diags and it says "connection stable - No".

Is this normal behaviour? I read a post tha infers that it is set to 3600 seconds and that it will start the process at the halfway point indicating it is ok but I've also found posts that says that the IPV6 UP should not be coming up every 30mins and it could be causing instability on the Airplay side.

I have about 20 devices connected to the router over wifi, 1 main Q box, 2 Q mini boxes, 1 sky booster and a range of Airplay 2 devices including a number of Bose stereos, Panasonic AV Receiver, Altessa Streaming amp etc and trying to kep things stable is a nightmare - things just drop all the time for no reason.

The point above is my first step - if that is ok then I'm wondering if there is some sort of problem with the 5Ghz and 2.4GHz wifif networks and the Q's own 5Gig mesh that I understand it uses for the Q system?

Any thoughts greatfuilly received as I've predicated my whole AV system on Airplay throughout the house and it's driving me nuts!!

thanks,

Mark

All Replies

This message was authored by NiCkDee24 This message was authored by: NiCkDee24

Re: Sky Status Check "connection not stable" - how do i fix! Airplay Issues as well!

I'm in the same boat. constant re-leasing ipv6 and i'm getting high ping and sky status also says connection not stable but everything else is fine. Also the line speed check says i am getting 152Mbps but my router says 159,000. Something weird going on. 

Nick
This message was authored by Suzie10 This message was authored by: Suzie10

Re: Sky Status Check "connection not stable" - how do i fix! Airplay Issues as well!

I checked my router logs and I see the same entries. The online broadband checker is not detecting any issues when I run the test though. It says everything is good, so maybe those entries are normal to see. 

This message was authored by NiCkDee24 This message was authored by: NiCkDee24

When the test comes back saying it's good, click on the internet one and see if stable connection says yes or no. 

Nick
This message was authored by Suzie10 This message was authored by: Suzie10

Says "Stable connection? Yes" for me.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion