Discussion topic: No internet service

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: No internet service

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mmm2business wrote:

i’m gonna loose so much money if i have no wifi because it'll be so hard for me to open up my business as card machine wont even work without internet.  They need to give us compensation 

They won't in any case you need to be using a Business Broadband with a backup service not a cheap domestic one, as Per @TimmyBGood  only Auto Compensation will be given.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Joytst This message was authored by: Joytst

I doubt it’s only to do with the fire at Swad exchange, half of uk is affected by this outage , don't think they're all relying on the exchange at Swadlincote .... not just sky, it's bt, ee, talk talk , plusnet and so on 

This message was authored by Cheryl3586 This message was authored by: Cheryl3586

There is still no internet in stapenhill burton upon Trent either just kept saying it could take couple of days to fix , I believe one of exchange's at swadlincote was on fire ,however have seen there are outages elsewhere in the country apparently 

This message was authored by Leonken This message was authored by: Leonken

I am from  burton and no internet either, Sky say it will take a couple of days. So that's our weekend ruined while everyone else with a different provider get there fix of Netflix and whatever else. How do we go about compensation for paying for services  non rendered? I have people at mine over the weekend and we can't do anything we have planned (films, games, stream 

music). Back to  CD's  and dvd's which is embarrassing. @loopybridge 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Leonken 

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days (so after Tuesday night) from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
loopybridge
Topic Author
This message was authored by loopybridge This message was authored by: loopybridge

It was back on @4am@4am when I couldn't get back to sleep lol

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

BT Group spokesperson on Swadlincote incident:

Following a fire at the Swadlincote exchange on Saturday evening, some landline and broadband connections in the town and surrounding areas were disrupted. Engineers restored services by 1am on Sunday morning. The cause of the fire, which was quickly extinguished by Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service, is being investigated. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9833-fire-at-swadlincote-exchange-impacts-services-in-area 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@mmm2business wrote:

i’m gonna loose so much money if i have no wifi because it'll be so hard for me to open up my business as card machine wont even work without internet.  They need to give us compensation 

@mmm2business Then you should be using an appropriate business grade service and not using a cheap domestic only service(and you are more than likely breaching your contract by running a business via this service), you wont get anything more than the standard automatic compensation if the service is down for more than 2 working days.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Leonken wrote:

How do we go about compensation for paying for services  non rendered?

There won't be any compensation for a few hours of outage.  Given the centralised nature of the UK terrestrial broadband network an exchange incident is pretty much bound to affect a significant number of users in the area, and without failover to cellular there's no alternative data route from individual addresses for ISPs to use.

Where households consider internet access to be vital, they need to choose an ISP which offers such failover (inevitably at higher monthly cost) or have their own cellular data router available.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jrh2254 This message was authored by: jrh2254

I've got all cellular data use switched off on my phone as my sky sim is constantly flipping in/out of WiFi/cellular  using vast amounts of my monthly data. One month I used all my data and found this was the cause! In particular use of Facebook when I was at home and supposed to be on WiFi !! 
Hence I switch on cellular when I am out for specific apps. Do others have the same problem. I only have 3gb allowance with sky which is plenty for my usage.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion