Discussion topic: My Wifi disconnects from my phone intermittently and my lodgers film watching from the internet has

This message was authored by Philippa7 This message was authored by: Philippa7

My Wifi disconnects from my phone intermittently and my lodgers film watching from the internet has

My Wifi disconnects from my phone intermittently and films my lodger has been watching from the Internet have been interrupted. We have pressed the reset button many times but the issue is happening more frequently. Please can you help? 

Best Answers
Philippa7
Topic Author
This message was authored by Philippa7 This message was authored by: Philippa7 Answer

Re: My Wifi disconnects from my phone intermittently and my lodgers film watching from the internet

This does not happen at my daughters' houses where Wifi connects to my phone as I walk into their houses and stays connected until I leave. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: My Wifi disconnects from my phone intermittently and my lodgers film watching from the internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Philippa7 Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Philippa7
Topic Author
This message was authored by Philippa7 This message was authored by: Philippa7

Hello,

I have just tried that link but when I logged in it showed a message saying "sorry, no address is associated with this account".
Please advice me on how best to proceed.

Thank you 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Philippa7 sounds like you may not have used the Sky id linked to the account but no matter as I have now escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who will send an invitation to chat online through the forum where a brightly coloured chat icon will appear.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

Philippa7
Topic Author
This message was authored by Philippa7 This message was authored by: Philippa7 Answer

This does not happen at my daughters' houses where Wifi connects to my phone as I walk into their houses and stays connected until I leave. 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Philippa7 

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion