Discussion topic: Software version update

This message was authored by Scottishplantdad This message was authored by: Scottishplantdad

Software version update

Hi folks,

It appears my glass has put a software update through. Does anyone know the update notes or what this should have fixed so I can check? 

QS001.15.0P

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Software version update

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That version includes a fix for the FALD blinking issue that people are reporting

This message was authored by discodancers This message was authored by: discodancers

@Scottishplantdad did your custom picture settings reset ?please?

This message was authored by DrMips This message was authored by: DrMips

Wasn't that the beta fix for the flicker issue and poor HDR.

-----------------
Sky Glass 55" | 1 Puck | Virgin 1Gb
Principal Software Engineer
Scottishplantdad
Topic Author
This message was authored by Scottishplantdad This message was authored by: Scottishplantdad

@Annie+UK done a quick test on my break and it LOOKS like it has fixed it... but I shall do a proper test through later using different content. 

Oh fingers crossed....!!!

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@Annie+UK  Is this available for everyone to download or will it be pushed out ??

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
Scottishplantdad
Topic Author

@discodancers No it kept the settings saved for custom. I will need to do some tests on all the viewing modes after work. 

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Is this on full release or does it need to be pushed to glass?

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
Scottishplantdad
Topic Author

@Jayboy1990 I didnt do anything to push it through... I did register the fault with blinking screen on here though. So not sure I am afraid!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Think the version @Scottishplantdad is still technically on test and pushed to those customers whonreported the fault. If it is succesful as appears likely it will be pushed out to dveryone in the next week.

This page shows to official version https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Scottishplantdad
Topic Author

@Chrisee ooh spooky - so they updated it remotely on my Glass? I would have assumed they would need permission for that - not that I am complaining 'if' it fixed the issue! haha! 

Looking forward to testing it out later and seeing if it works... 

I actually think Kudos to Sky if they have resolved this in a week... Lisa from the forum team has been keeping me up to date pretty much daily if not twice daily!

@Scottishplantdad you gave permission in the lengthy contract you accepted. Sky always manage firmware updates with no user intervention. 

The back room teams want to get rid of any glitches as fast as they can. This is a very new product both in hardware and OS terms so we can expect a lot of fixes being shipped out as they are reported and the cause identified. Staff testing was done before release but given the sensitivity of the launch not on the scale normally seen so personally I am not surprised by a few glitches. . 

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Scottishplantdad
Topic Author

@Chrisee 100% agree. I think its important to remember if we are early tech adopters... this is normal! So totally agree. 

I don't doubt these bugs will get ironed out. 

This message was authored by Jon+Reeve This message was authored by: Jon+Reeve

This is great news for those affected.

Do we know if Sky are looking at, or plan to roll out a fix for the stability of the pucks?

@Jon+Reeve I would certainly hope so as this appears a major issue thst needs resolving. Not been told anything specific but I know the forum is being read and summaries are being fed back to the Glass team.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion